Loctite?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani3l_rid3r

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a quick question, I know with your PitPro's, Atomik's, Orion's etc in the $500 - $1250ish price range you need to definitely get some Loctite and do all the bolts and stuff...but i'm getting a PitsterProX4 for $2350 and obviousley they are better than the PitPro's, Atomik's, Orion's etc so my question is, getting the PisterProX4 would I need to Loctite the bolts on that bike or is that just for the cheapies like the ones I mentioned before ^^^ :confused:

Thanks guys.

BTW, sorry if there is a thread about Loctiting things already.

get the loctite anyway and a set of decend nuts and bolts...pitsters are good, but they are still from china...lol:p;)

anythink mini requires locktight

vibration is there biggest killer

Yep, i agree with these replies.

I just bought a pister pro LX, paid $3500. The shop i got it from loctited bolts for me, even used red on some. Here's the biggest proof you should use loctite... On my very first ride within the first 20 mins of riding my sump bolt managed to rattle loose! Can ya believe my horror!! I noticed it when i looked down to see a heap of oil pouring out. That was the good news tho as it meant there was still oil in there! Few. No harm done, guess the mechanic missed a bolt. Dunno if i'd use loctite on a sump bolt anyway?? O now have a new sump bolt with existing holes with tie wire through it connecting it to my frame.

Moral of this story... Doesnt matter how much you pay, still use loctite as the guys below point out!

jesus cutters I would of been like HOLY $%@* haha and thanks for the helpful replies guys, do any of you know brian from East 50's and whether he loctites bolts for you if you ask him?

haha yesterday i was riding and there was a weird noise coming from the back after riding for about an hour and a half. The sprocket bolts had gotten loose and were just touching the swing arm, tightened them up and kept going and had no dramas, let my mate ride it up and down a trail and he was gone for a while, when he got back there was 1 of the 4 bolts left and the bolt heads hadn't snapped off, but the spindle that it's bolted to snapped. lucky it came with a spare rim, gonna use loctite this time :p

haha yesterday i was riding and there was a weird noise coming from the back after riding for about an hour and a half. The sprocket bolts had gotten loose and were just touching the swing arm, tightened them up and kept going and had no dramas, let my mate ride it up and down a trail and he was gone for a while, when he got back there was 1 of the 4 bolts left and the bolt heads hadn't snapped off, but the spindle that it's bolted to snapped. lucky it came with a spare rim, gonna use loctite this time :p

same thing happened to me yesterday. Unfortunately I didnt have the spare rim!

i should get some pics of it, looks flippin nasty. Rims and stuff aren't too expensive off eGay though.

yep same has happened to me, took the sproket off to paint it rode around for a couple of hours then started to hear a weird sound from the back, stoped to see what it was and all the bolts had come loose and had gotton to the point of rubbing on the swinga luckily the bolts bent and not snapped, happened another time too although i caught it before it came out far enough to do any damage, moral of this use a shit load of loctite on the sproket bolts if ya take it off

haha think this has happened to most ppl lol my swing arm that a snaped a week ago has a kinda deep groove in it from the bolts on the sprocket and the hub is screwed from where the bolts go in lol and it was my second ride on it so new rim did the trick but i diddnt use loctight i just used an impact drill to tighten them and it did the trick lol.

my cuzin bought a really shit bike it was like 120 brand new and ddnt loktite it i was riding with him and the sprocket came off the chain rippd his legg open and the sprocket nearly got me

in car manuals that i have used it specifies when you replace or take something out to "use Locktite (tm)" lol so it must be pretty useful if they reccomend it.

Yeah it is usefull, it's not some indestructable glue I mean undoing it you can break through by unscrewing it but it's to stop accidental unscrewing from vibration and on cars if you don't put it on properly it will come undone so yeah, it's very usefull.

haha!!!i had the sprocket bolts come loose on my postie...fine when riding,but then i had to pull up at the lights...in the middle lane during rush hour....go to take off, and its..."WTF?????:eek:" bolt had rattled out and wedged into the swingarm:p, had to drag the thing off the road, and luckily, i was right outside a bike shop, AND they even were willing to lend me a spanner:eek:

go honda in parramatta:)

haha!!!i had the sprocket bolts come loose on my postie...fine when riding,but then i had to pull up at the lights...in the middle lane during rush hour....go to take off, and its..."WTF?????:eek:" bolt had rattled out and wedged into the swingarm:p, had to drag the thing off the road, and luckily, i was right outside a bike shop, AND they even were willing to lend me a spanner:eek:

go honda in parramatta:)

haha holy shit thank god you were outside bike shop aye, and can I just ask headsmess..what is your display picture ahaha?

and your better to use the blue variety of loctite that stays slightly flexible...it resists the vibration better. it was the only kind that worked on the backreamers i used to make, that would rattle apart after drilling through 400metres of rock if you used anything else.... and we used three metre bars to torque those bolts up. M30 is one big bolt...

Latest posts

Back