"Loncin" 250. Any good?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TYE

Reaction score
Ok so I'm looking at this bike listed as a 2011 loncin 250, I've seen these bikes titled as multiple bikes such as atomik and orion as well. And I was wondering, are they any good, I've read some reviews on here on the atomik and orion and the responses are very mixed, ranging from "it's total crap" all the way to "I absolutely love it". So I've got a few questions, does anyone have personal experience with one of these and what are their thoughts. Also is it ok to jump, the jumps I'm planning on doing are in the small range but not so small that you have no air time (5-8 metres length, I'll post a picture below). And does it go ok and how reliable is it?

Thanks for any answers in advance

Tyler

The bike:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410669210.497022.jpg

The jump I'm planning on hitting:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410669251.230593.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, well I have heard a bit about that model. The older model had the crap push rod engine, and forks that would bottom out on a mars bar. The newer version, which I think you have, has the upgraded forks, and the newer OHC engine. Just by looking at it, I reckon it has the same rear shock, and possibly forks (only mine are anodized black). Wheels also look the same. If it is the updated version it should be a good bike, the swingarms on them make them a little hard to wheelie, they are really good for hill climbs and stability at high speed. The review for mine is in my signature if you want to have a look.

Cheers for that! So do you reckon it'd hold up on 5-8 metre long jumps like in my second picture?

I'm not sure, if it has the updated forks I reckon it could, I'm pretty sure it runs the same linkage as my 250 as well, you may want to put it on a stand and check for up and down and side to side movement if you get it, preferably before. Having blown bearings will make the rear stiff as a board, and you'll get a sore back in no time.

If anyone else has an opinion or personal experience on this bike it'd be great to get as much info as possible

Latest posts

Back