Looking at a new Bike, not sure which to get

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacksonMac

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a huge newbie and wanted to see what bike I should get?
looking for a 125cc and under $1000 I know the options are limited but I have 2 in mind at the moment, suggestion would be loved.
Here are the links
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/125cc-TH...8609414?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item2a2cb3d506

and
http://www.pitpro.com.au/pitbikes/pitpro-125cc-rr-45/
The pitpro is $799 and all up the "thumpstar" is $775 (including Postage)
Thanks in advance

EDIT: Oh 'm also using it for riding round Paddocks and up and down my 200m driveway (Gravel)
So something for just screwing around in the paddocks would be good!

Last edited:
Mate you are making a huge mistake if you but that copy thumpstar piece of junk, it has a non cradle mount frame and also the"will crack or bend frame", all the rims, hubs, swingers, forks, and nearly 90% of the whole bike is very old technology and unless you know a shop that stocks the outdated old stuff you will be in a world of hurt.

The pitpro is a stock bike but runs all the updated parts, has a cradlemounted Chromoly frame and upside down forks and parts are readily available anywhere, the pitpro will also run a genuine Lifan engine where that other thing will have a copy of this engine with no engine markings and they have weaker engine cases and I have seen some wierd piston sizes that can not be replaced.

Game set match pitpro.

He means the frame cradles the engine as opposed to just bolts on and falls straight out.
IMO both bikes are crap if I had to choose I'm with Mick the pitpro wins, the thumbstar if you look is absolute crap.
Check out dhz website or pick up a second hand brand name bike, dhz, motovert, pitster pro, ciniworx, braaap and need I say honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

where are you located mate

you better off buying my old alloy frame cini

i'll do it cheap

He means the frame cradles the engine as opposed to just bolts on and falls straight out.
IMO both bikes are crap if I had to choose I'm with Mick the pitpro wins, the thumbstar if you look is absolute crap.
Check out dhz website or pick up a second hand brand name bike, dhz, motovert, pitster pro, ciniworx, braaap and need I say honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I totally agree Brendo for around $1000 you will pick up a good secondhand brand name bike like above with better build quality then pitpro and any of the cheap ones on ebay.

no way are the frames cr-mo..

but the New pit pro is a better option
Oops, i meant chro-steel. You always gotta be right hillz:action-smiley-031:

Latest posts

Back