Looking at a new engine.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch140

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking at putting a 160 engine in my dhz dpro 140 just looking for some suggestions. Feel free to give me some other ideas for the bike too :) here's a few pictures
image.jpgimage.jpg

Even though your rear sprocket has those locking lugs on the bolt head they will still come loose over time which may result in a devastated wheel hub, remove the bolts and replace them with bolts long enough to go thru the rim and able to then have good Nylock nuts on the remaining thread and you will then never know what damage can be caused by loose sprocket bolts. Right now with stock motors id go the 160ho, its a massive gain from the current 140 you have. If your bike has a kmc chain replace it with a D.I.D chain. But apart from that go and ride her and keep checking over it for anything loose or out of the ordinary. :)

you can still get more power out of the 140.... fit a 60mm bore and a high lift cam and bigger valves

yeah i race a 140 at fort lytton and im the only one every one else runs 155z and 160ho's
but the 140 does the job i got seconed for the year with the klx style lifan 140

for this year ive gone with a yx160 to bolt in to the klx frame and see how i go i would of went the 160ho but i got the yx for a super deal

but yeah the guys that are the quike ones run the big blocks and linkage

Thanks mate ill do that as soon as I can I never thought of that. I literally spent ages going back over all the bolts with locktight yesterday because that is the last thing that I want! And yeah I wil be going to mingn to get heaps of other stuff this week and hopefully the new engine in the next few weeks :)

Latest posts

Back