looking at buying laptop an getting rid of desktop

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat-magz

Reaction score
hey everyone just wondering im looking for a laptop at the moment i wanna spend under 1500.00 i want somthing that is fast,use for multimedia,gaming, plenty of room so it doesnt lag etc....basically good bang for the buck machine..... not looking to do high end gaming as i do gaming on console....

other things:

1. is it better to get a laptop built will i save money?
2. i want somthing with a warranty?
3. Can play dvd's....and inbuilt burner

im located in brisbane, if anyone has any advice on shops.. people to go to or models to look at that would be great

cheers

Dan

P.S my destop pc specs at the moment:
intel core 2 duo E6550 @ 2.33ghz
2047mb ram
32 bit operating system

if you have an MSY store near you they have THE BEST Desktop parts prices in australia, they sell laptops too so I guess they'll have pretty competitive prices. Little stores run by asians will always have better prices than say JB, DSE, Officeworks.

The thing I hate about laptops tho is a $600 Desktop will always kill a $1500 laptop powerwise

Id steer clear from apples! first of all the old models are worth 2k

Pff not worth it when they dont take any Microsoft software absolutely useless from my personal experience.

Please dont buy an acer or dell within weeks youll be ringin up the warranty wankers!

um HP in there 'pavilion' range are starting to look good... i have a hp pavilion entertainment notebook... new for $1300 thats a 17' screen, 4gb ram, um duo 2.8 processor from the top of my head... runs very nice never had any problems with it.

toshiba and sony both have very good names in there range of computers

MSY are great when your building up a desktop from scratch but dont have a great range of laptops here in SA but the ones they have are probably at a great price... check em out!

gook luck mate

Latest posts

Back