Looking at future upgrades

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dthwraith

Reaction score
Bought this pit bike for my 6yr old. Jet Moto Dirt Bikes 50cc Mini Model, ATV-Quads-4wheeler.com At some point time he's gonna get bored with the speed so I was looking at upgrades for it on eBay. Wanted to check with you guys before I go throwing money out the window. Performance Carburetor. Big Bore Upgrade. Performance Clutch. Triple Stage Reed. Do I need to buy all that or will this high performance engine do the same trick as all that other stuff? The whole engine is cheaper then the combined parts. Thanks for the help.

Well that's the plan later down the road, he's got a little sister already eyeballing his bike. :action-smiley-033: Want to work on it together with him. Figured it would be fun. After it's all beefed up lol if you can say that about a 49cc. :confused-smiley-014 It'll be passed down.

Having fixed/kept going a couple of this style bike for mates kids, i recommend not spending another cent on it for performance, put the money instead towards a 4 stroke crf50 style pit bike, technology wise and reliability wise a 4 stroke pit bike motor is light years ahead, these are just a whipper snipper motor with a dry centrifugal clutch hanging off the side.
You will probably find he's gunna kill clutches in it, with the design of the centrifugal clutch on these bikes, if he's not giving it full throttle 90% of the time, the clutch slips and burns out pretty quick, not ideal for a bike designed for kids, i did weaken(stretched out and cut shorter) the clutch spring on my mates kids bike so it would engage earlier as the kids was just tootling around at low revs (just started riding) amd was killing clutches before he emptied a tank.
Dont get me wrong, if you good mechanically you can keep it running but it will become tedious

So basically just buy the performance clutch now cause it's gonna go sooner rather the later. And don't worry about the rest. Should I change the front sprocket to something with more teeth so he can have more high end speed? It says it goes 35mph but I'm not buying it, 25 maybe 30 max now as it sits. Item description says it can go up to 50mph if re-geared but he's not ready for that much speed yet, I'm just thinking down the road.

Just see how he goes, remember the higher a top speed you gear it for the longer it will take to get there (ie wont accelerate/rev out as fast with a higher top speed gearing)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back