Looking for a pitbike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeeby

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick intro: I'm Mike and I race pocket bikes at Archerfield.

I've just been messing around on some dirt jumps with my pushbike lately and would love some kind of dirt bike. I'm looking for something like this:

-Quiet

-Manual

-Not too big, pitbike size

-Reliable

-$1000 or less.

I worked at Honda for awhile and like the CRF50 except it wasn't manual and out of my budget. A mate suggested a pitpro from eBay which isn't the greatest place to buy but after searching this forum the pitpros seem decent.
Interested to hear any suggestions.

Cheers,

Mike

yeah the pitpros are good bikes for $1000 you can buy any size pitpro 110cc same style as a crf50 but has a 110cc but it is semi auto n1234 box but auto clutch or if you want to go for a bigger bike then the 110 you can go for the 125cc pitpro or 138cc pitpro both are full manual
the pp110 you can pick up for 400-550 so pretty cheap an quite which is what you want but the 125cc an 138cc are very loud bikes lol

Was looking at the 125. Looks around $550-$650 with shipping from eBay. Bit worried about the noise!! Are they much louder than most dirt bikes?

I'm interested but I live on the Gold Coast so postage is going to be a bit much I think. Thanks for the offer mate but I'd prefer the pitpro at this stage.

what ever u decide i would like to know cause i want one for my lil sister...

I have both the PitPro 110 and a new 125RR. both are good but the 110 is really quite small. I find it hard to jump as you're so cramp on the bike. It's for my 10yo daughter and ti's the right size for her. the 125 is much roomie. As for noise, yeah, it's got a good note and reasonbly loud, but just get another restrictive mufler and you're done. Pit pro are the way to go for your budget and needs.

Thanks James. Where would I get a restrictive muffler? Any bike store?

One concern I have is that with my pocket bike I've had to replace many parts as the Chinese ones aren't very good quality and in the end I've spent a lot more than the original price. Will I have similar problems with a Chinese dirt bike (specifically the pitpro) or are they fairly reliable if you take care of it?

Keep an eye on them, check bolts etc and change oil and oil filter regularly. I"ve heard they are damn reliable now a days.! If you look after it, you won't have any problems. If you thrash it, don't touch it, it will probably have problems like most bikes I"d say

just dont spend too much on ebay! that way u have some money left over too fix the fualts... pitpro is a good start!

If your budget is around 1K then I would try to stretch it a bit & get the MSO X7R. You know then that you will be getting a great quality bike and the guys at MSO are great to deal with.

yeh that might be be the case but u pitpro is just as good in m opinion and youll have some dollars left over to mod it and make it go like a rocket
go the pitpro 138cc or ive heard theres a 140 coming out soon both are top bikes

MonorailCat.jpg

just wondering how huch a restrictive muffler would cost and how much quiter it would make the bike?

pumba those MSOs are just a bit much for me at the moment and tubes the 138 isn't on eBay and the retail price is too much. And nice vid Sam :)

Latest posts

Back