Looking to get a PitBike / Minimotard. New to this and would love some help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielRocha

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I went to MotoTuesdays yesterday and had a really good time. I did not know something like that existed till I found it on facebook couple of weeks ago. Now I am looking to get a bike to ride there. I test rode the OhVale but I am a big fella and it was just too small for me so I am considering a Pit Bike so I could use it there with slicks but also have a pair of dirt tires so I could go to MX tracks.

I am not super mechanically able but I got a basic understanding. Is it okay to just change tires and ride on both road/dirt with the same bike?

Do you have suggestions for cheap entry level bikes I could buy?

Cheers.

Hey Guys,

I went to MotoTuesdays yesterday and had a really good time. I did not know something like that existed till I found it on facebook couple of weeks ago. Now I am looking to get a bike to ride there. I test rode the OhVale but I am a big fella and it was just too small for me so I am considering a Pit Bike so I could use it there with slicks but also have a pair of dirt tires so I could go to MX tracks.

I am not super mechanically able but I got a basic understanding. Is it okay to just change tires and ride on both road/dirt with the same bike?

Do you have suggestions for cheap entry level bikes I could buy?

Cheers.
I dont know if your still looking for a bike. Id recommend buying a good second hand bike, you can usually pick them up for half the price of a new bike. You can usually find some that are almost brand new or you can buy a brand new one. Thumpstar and atomik sell bikes that start at $750. I have an old 90cc thumpstar im 6ft. If your tall you would want a big wheel pit bike they have a higher ground clearance. As for mechanical knowledge, pit bike engines are simple to fix theres not many parts and i recommend you try fixing it your self so you get to know your bike and how to fix it

Latest posts

Back