Looking to purchase Mikuni VM24 Carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpawyant

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I am looking to purchase an upgrade to my carb on my 110cc bike. Currently it has a 16mm carb and I am looking for a bit more performance.

I am slightly confused on a few things however, since this will be my first carb upgrade experience.

The current manifold and carb is secured by two bolts on the left and right of the hole. I assume that is considered a flat side carb? Will the VM24 (appears to be a round sided carb) fit?

Also, is it recommended that I buy extra jet sizes?

Thanks and any recommendations would be much appreciated!

The carby attachment being two bolts or a rubber mount with a hose clamp does not determine slide type, the slide is the part that the throttle cable hooks onto, your carby now with the cap removed from it would expose a round slide, were as a flatslide is more a rectangular flat faced slide, the vm24 is still a round slide carby even though its attached to a rubber manifold with a hose clamp but then attaches to the manifold with two bolts, i recommend you check youtube by typing flatslide carby and round slide carby's to get an idea of what your looking at, i think the vm24 is a 28mm carb which maybe overkill, even a mikuni 26mm has a 95 main jet and is still probably too big(it will still run good though) i have a vm16 mikuni(19mm i think) on my 125 burnout bike and it works a treat and has the mixture screw on the side for ease of tuning. the vm16 without knowing the jet sizes will have good sized jets for what your after so extra jets prob isnt necessary, evn a cheap chinese 19mm carb will be an upgrade from a 16mm carb, good luck

This is a mikuni 19mm
Mikuni 19mm Racing Carburetor Kit - MIKUNI

This is a cheaper chinese 19mm
New KF 19mm Carby, Suit 50cc-110cc Engines

This is the mikuni 26mm
Mikuni 26mm Racing Carburetor Kit

These are all round slide carbs

I just bought one of the genuine mikuni 26mm flat sided carbs from ebay. It was ~$36 shipped. I will warn you on my 110 it seemed dogish but I am sure it was due to a restrictive exhaust. It is actually the same carb that came with my new Lifan 150 engine ... same jet numbers and everything.

I did upjet the main on the 150 because I think the carb was supposed to be for the Lifan 140 engine. After a rejet it works great.

FYI - on a 110 your stock intake pipe is probably 26mm but in my case there wasn't enough clearance and I needed to make spacers due to the carb bowl being deeper.

I just bought one of the genuine mikuni 26mm flat sided carbs from ebay. It was ~$36 shipped. I will warn you on my 110 it seemed dogish but I am sure it was due to a restrictive exhaust. It is actually the same carb that came with my new Lifan 150 engine ... same jet numbers and everything.

I did upjet the main on the 150 because I think the carb was supposed to be for the Lifan 140 engine. After a rejet it works great.

FYI - on a 110 your stock intake pipe is probably 26mm but in my case there wasn't enough clearance and I needed to make spacers due to the carb bowl being deeper.
Flat sided or flat slide? If you got a genuine mikuni for that price your laughing, but was it a mikuni round slided copy with japan stamped on it.

I Bought That Same Carb Last Week For My SSR 125sr. Haven't Driven My Bike Yet...Rebuilding It, How Does It Work For You?

I would say you bought a fake mikuni 26mm , that are in fact alot smaller then 26mm..
Especially if it came with a lifan 150 engine to..

I would say you bought a fake mikuni 26mm , that are in fact alot smaller then 26mm..
Especially if it came with a lifan 150 engine to..

Mine Said It Was A 26mm But It Was A 22mm. It Turned Out That My Bike Really Did Run A 22 Not A 26mm.

Latest posts

Back