lost compression

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i recently put the thread "clutch problems", well when i was trying to fix it, i went to start it (after adjusting the clutch AND cables) and i seem to have lost compression. if i put it in gear, it is hard to move forward (as normal) but as soon as i put it in nuetral, when i kick there is nothing. any help is appreciated. cheers.

Yes you must have a crank mounted clutch have you? If it is no worky bike no starty.

yeah i think it is crank mounted, do you know how to fix it? i heard something about clutch plates?

You would have to post up close up pictures and describe what you have already done for us to spot whats going on for you.

yeah apparently a fair few people have had this problem, i will take some photos after work tommorrow and post them.

i finally repaired it. i took of the clutch cover beside the rear brake, pushed in the black seal on the clutch (in between the screw and the crank) then adjusted out the screw a fraction. the seal came loose, blowing out compression, and releasing oil onto the adjuster screw, making it loose. for you other blokes, give this a try, and thanks for your help guys!

try tightening or loosening your clutch cable this once happened with mine and all i did was loosen it and then it worked! :eek:

Latest posts

Back