LXR OR MOTOVERT TYPE R ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lifan Rockstar

Reaction score
Im looking to upgrade from my tired 160 dpro wondering what i should choose 160 lxr or 160 motovert type R for those who no me what else do you think i should go

LXR bro, there tried and tested. I been thinkn down this path lately also stu. Gonna give motorman(nicks ) a go at one of the races at VCM this year, hope to get down to lytton and meet you boys also this year.

But in saying that the two bikes look ridiculously similiar mate.

basically there the exact same bike, very minor differences, the new lxr is proberly abit different.
the motovert is acutally just a relabeled psto.
only difference from memory is the frame is abit longer and taller on the psto/motovert and the pegs are abit higher.
i've ridden reefys PSTO, it had marzocchi forks and revalved rear shock. really good bike, think i like it abit more then my lxr as it felt abit bigger and more comfortable. altho i have the first lxr ever so smaller frame and swingarm then the current ones.
mines setup the same as his and there pretty much identical just can tell the difference with the pegmount height and frame length.
he has cracked the frame on it a couple of times but he was jumping a massive double that not alot of 250f's do, reason was some had a 2cm wide engine mount bit and newer one had 3cm. the 3cm one hasn't had an issue yet.

i haven't seen/ridden the newest lxr but i'd look at that and the motovert and see which one you like most. not alot of difference between the two. its pretty much a direct copy of the lxr and built in the same factory.
pull off the seat on the psto/motovert it says pitster pro lol
either way great upgrade over a crf50 style, heaps easier to ride

iv ridden most linkage ttr style and they are all good but on just feel i like the lxr, more room to move but then again im 6'2! im the opposite with u harry in feel of size although my lxr is the version with the longer frame and swinger! reefys bike felt awesome but i felt a tiny bit more squashed same with the rev/cini and the atomil/dirtmax!

New lxrs have really good front forks just putting my 2cents in,  Hydraulic adjustable damping 2 ways
Total length = 780 mm
Spring stiffness 23lbs/mm
Diameter of 35 mm tubes
Guaranteed travel 240 mm
Treatment DLC Diamond Like Carbon

diameter at the fork arms = 48 / 45 mm
15 mm wheel axis type Marzocchi
fixing brake caliper type Marzocchi 2 screw M6 distance 51 mm

Apparantly better then the Bucci bikes in travel length and feel

That was rather in depth u fork junkie , the peg mount is welded to the frame on the motovert and you can un bolt it on the lxr and the frame has a slightly different curve in the bottom , I think you get a better rear shock in the lxr and the pitster pro bash plate doesn't fit on the motovert .... But I think Harry covered just about everything else o and you get little pitster pro emblems stamped all over the bike where as the mojo u get bugger all umm I think that's all my useless contribution will include

Latest posts

Back