Magnito

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evvy

Reaction score
Hello every one. i got a problem, i have a atomik 125, the chaine came off and snapped the magnito off :mad: , does anyone no how to pull the bike apart to replace it??????????????????

WOW that would of been a one off never heard of that before get up some pics mate itll help us abit

It's probably just broken the pick up on the stator plate. You'll need a new stator plate (get onto the place you bought the bike from for that) and a flywheel puller to remove the flywheel. Replace the stator plate once the flywheel is off put it all back together and you should be good to go.

that could be wot it was, im only new to motorbike and still dont no about part name, thanks for the help

dw chief it aint a real hard one to fix :)
you just need to work out if you can be bothered doing it your self or not?

i changed a mates and it took all of about 30 mins dropping the oil out and frigging round :) if your not too confident behind a spanner rippin the old girl apart then I'd take it in and see what its gunna cost you to get it done =) leave the dirty work to someone else =)

if you decide to have a crack yourself let me know and i can further help you out with some steps or what have you :)

good luck cheif!
(btw tighten up your chain :)

i have a spare magento setup, looking for $40 for it, its off a brand new lifan 140 and is brand new still, we changed it straight away for a irk
and if your going to do it yourself youll need the following
air rachet,
flywheel puller,
the rest you can be talked through

im a fitter so i dont mind pullin it apart my self, im up to the plate where the pick up sits next to the magnito is ment to be mounted to, and 1 screw is to tight, let my boyfriend have a try at undoing it but he rounded it off, so i treid a few more things but cant get it out, my next try will b a impact screw driver and if thet dont work then an easy out

your probably behind the eight ball now with a rounded screw, try using a big screwdriver with lock pliers on them, put all your wieght behind them (or boyfriends whoever weighs more) and turn it out with the lockpliers, works everytime for me, and i have a had a couple of painful changes, make sure to give it a tap too to get the loctite to start breaking

im a fitter so i dont mind pullin it apart my self, im up to the plate where the pick up sits next to the magnito is ment to be mounted to, and 1 screw is to tight, let my boyfriend have a try at undoing it but he rounded it off, so i treid a few more things but cant get it out, my next try will b a impact screw driver and if thet dont work then an easy out

i had the same prob once you should get it with a impact driver......you will also need to disconnect the wires no the coil

tried an impact driver didnt work, ppl keep tellin me to weld a nut on it but i wouldnt reckon u would be able to put that much heat by the motor, any thoughts on that? im gettin to the point im just gonna drill it out

your probably behind the eight ball now with a rounded screw, try using a big screwdriver with lock pliers on them, put all your wieght behind them (or boyfriends whoever weighs more) and turn it out with the lockpliers, works everytime for me, and i have a had a couple of painful changes, make sure to give it a tap too to get the loctite to start breaking

tried that, it didnt work, i have no idea how they got the screw in there so tight

hey u can get lyk REVERSed taps. drill a 2mm hole not to deep an ya wind these taps in reverse thread wen it hits the bottom of the 2mm hole it will jamb and wind out the bolt. or just sit a nut over the top and cake a nice weld inside,.. to get the magneto flywheel of , loosen the nut NOT all the way leave it a few threads on and centre punch the shaft there should b a little indent in the cetre of it. tap that while levering it of:)

WOW that would of been a one off never heard of that before get up some pics mate itll help us abit

you havent been around china bikes long enough if you never knew this was a common thing that was happening when people do not replace there chinese chains...

anyway, to answer this question ask the supplier of your bike, they should have some replacement parts! and depending on the motor you could have a look through ebay

hey u can get lyk REVERSed taps. drill a 2mm hole not to deep an ya wind these taps in reverse thread wen it hits the bottom of the 2mm hole it will jamb and wind out the bolt. or just sit a nut over the top and cake a nice weld inside,.. to get the magneto flywheel of , loosen the nut NOT all the way leave it a few threads on and centre punch the shaft there should b a little indent in the cetre of it. tap that while levering it of:)

thought about that, but the problem is if the reversed tap brakes off in there then im stuffed, and then i wont even b able to drill out the screw,

Evvey...your right if you stripped the phillips screew head and your tinking of using an easy out tap, then that threads into the stripped screew(after you drilled a hole in the centre of the broken screew) mind you if by chance you dont drill the hole in the centre...the easy out tap wont grab or jam..so it WONT turns the broken screew out....china dudes love lock tight...the shit they use is like glass when it sets hard....But it desolves when heated...so by welding a nut...or a screew onto the stripped phillips head...you heat it at the same time(a skillfull welder would be highly recomended...and use a mig welder)..ah and allways use a flywheel puller to remove the flywheel...to get a fly wheel puller go to a any jap...bike shot and ask for a 2 stroke flywheel puller wheather its a 125cc or 250cc kx,cr,yz their all the same.....AND THE Y FIT IN THE CHINSE FLYWHHELS AS WELL... their about 40 bucks

Latest posts

Back