Making a Mini mx Track.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzuki_Master

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls. I have begun making a small pit bike mx track in my yard, but so far all i have done is marked out the track. I am going to get some dirt for the jumps and berms but i dont have any money (to spend on a dirt anywaycause im saving for a car)
So I was wandering if you guys know of any ways of reducing the amount of dirt needed (other than making the jumps smaller or into doubles as my sister will also be riding this track and wants to build up her confidencedoing jumps so tabletops are necessary) or if you know any ways of getting free dirt. I have tried emailing some local pool places but have only had one reply and they have just put me on a list. And i dont have my licence so the only way for me to go and get dirt is with my dad and he doesn't really want to keep having to go back and forth getting dirt, so I need most of it delivered.

So any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

put signs up saying want free fill, youll be surprised what youll get as the average joe has to pay to get rid of it so does many earth moving businesses so dumping it at yours is saving them $$$ while your getting the dirt needed to build a ripper track

go up to the local quarry or tip and they usually have heaps of dirt.u might have to pay but im not sure.

yep just chuck some signs up saying "clean fill wanted" and a number, should have some luck, other things are to put bins, or anything of a nice size under neath the jumps so you dont have to use as much dirt.

contact a few bobcat hire buissinesses the will dump dirt out there for free as long as its not further away than the place they dump there dirt usually.

when you get a source of"clean fill" make sure it is actually clean fill...shale is about the best, clay full of old masonry sewer pipes and broken bricks is not.... sandy crap is no good either.

and trust me, if youre after clean fill, some guys will give you absolute crap...great for the main body, but shit for the surace...usually of middle eastern decent(no offense to anyone, but damn, when its all about making money, some bastards can be right bastards)

44gallon drums with thick walls(rare), beerkegs(dont rust), old telegraph poles... railway sleepers, concrete, etc. all great for making the bulk of jumps n berms:) then a nice layer of finely crushed shale for the surface. depends on whether you want hard pack or soft pack as well...amount of rain you get...etc etc etc...

goddamn im sick of the rain.... i got my tractor bogged in my driveway:p

haha , ive been waiting for the dam rain all week!!! stupid weather man said wed then thurs and today , and theres been nothing!!! was working on the track all day and it just sucks without water...

but now i hope it doesnt rain because of the HRI race tomorrow!! yeoww!!

oh yer and this thread is really old :)

Latest posts

Back