making an airbox for my pitpro xr 140!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marty125

Reaction score
hey guys i was sick of getting mud on my filter and risking getting water in the engine, so i thought about ideas for an air box. i got a plastic container and cut it so my filter could sit inside it and ran a piece of 32mm hose to the container and put the hose through a sealed hole into the container. then i hose clamped my filter to the hose, followed by clamping the hose on the carby end. the container with my filter sits in next to my shockie and is proteced by my seat. i'll post some pics in the next few days. and the container which my filter is in isn't completley sealed, so it can still breathe. my bike runs sweet with this setup and no more worries bout rain or mud for me. :)

yeah i'm computer illiterate so i have to get my brother to up load for me... i tested her properly just today and it works fine; like still breathing well untill i get to higher revs it seems restricted. but i'll be getting a better and bigger intake pipe as the one on there isn't the same size as my carb inlet. it was just a peice plastic pipe i had in the shed. i'll probally use silicone hose this time. but all in all i'm happy with my progress thus far. thanks for the input guys.

Latest posts

Back