making ducar start with clutch in?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoey50

Reaction score
hey guys was wondering what is it that makes the ducar not start with the clutch in ? does anyone know? maybe even a way to fix this prob? im not scared to have a go if someone could explain and i know alot of people are prob gonna say go the lifan it start in any gear but im not really up for changing the motor more than happy wit what i got so any ideas? cheers guys shoey

My ducar starts with the clutch in on my agb21 any way I've seen clutch cables on ebay that say they will make it start in gear with the clutch in don't now if it is true but you could give a go.

yea i got the same problem, as soon as you pull the clutch in the kickstarter moves freely, it sucks big time expecially in a race

unfortunatly to my understanding due to the fact that your clutch is fitted to the crank and not the main shaft this is whats causing your problem. i do believe that if you were to do some modifications it would require a hell of a lot of work to fix something of this magnitude and probably alot of money as well. maybe your alternative is to search for a bottom end lifan / gpx. (these motors have the clutch fitted to the main shaft) this would defiantly be an easier alternative than trying to fix the ducar and probably cheaper as well.

let us all know how you go anyways with it.

Cheers, Tony.

sweet thanx but where would i find something like that in new zealand, i know where i might find one of them motors in S.A but here fu@# knows!

have you tried just kicking it over in gear no clutch if you try that make sure its first gear cause mine takes off when you do that

don351, have you ever tried rolling along and putting your foot on the clutch, you hear that horrid grinding noise, yeah thats your kick start gears just grinding away. if you kick hard enough you can gaurentee yourself your going to break something big time. i can only advise to not do this.

i dont know the repercussions of this but one time i jumped a set of doubles, first fine but on the second i lost my footing and it unfortunatly the kick starter got caught on my pants, when i landed there was a nasty nasty grinding noise which i didnt like one bit, i would hate to think what would have happened if i was forceful on the kick starter.

PLEASE DONT DO IT, just get a lifan, gpx, bottom end or a new gear / clutch assembly or whatever you need to alter this, hopefully roost or something more knowledgable will come through with some more answers for you.

Cheers, Tony.

PLEASE DONT DO IT, just get a lifan, gpx, bottom end or a new gear / clutch assembly or whatever you need to alter this, hopefully roost or something more knowledgable will come through with some more answers for you.

Cheers, Tony.

thats what i need to know can i get a new gear box? or is it a whole engine jobby? if it was a whole engine jobby i would prob wanna go a bigger cc (if i have to do it do it properly hey)

hey guys was wondering what is it that makes the ducar not start with the clutch in ? does anyone know? maybe even a way to fix this prob? im not scared to have a go if someone could explain and i know alot of people are prob gonna say go the lifan it start in any gear but im not really up for changing the motor more than happy wit what i got so any ideas? cheers guys shoey

Mate, incase you didnt know, the ducar is designed not to start with the clutch in, so there is nothing wrong with the motor atm. Is there a reason that you want it to start in any gear? eg, IRK?

yea in a race if you fall you kinda dont have time to search for neutral, more difficult to find neutral when your in a hurry

Back