manual

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javi33175

Reaction score
ok so i have had an auto dirt bike and a semi auto dirt bike and i really liked the semi auto but i never tryed manual bike. Im thinking of buying a manual pit bike and i just wana kno if its going to be a pain in the ass or not? so is it hard? and how do you drive a manual bike tell me the steps in shifting gears plz.
thanks

Its very easy you have a clutch thats operated by your left hand and a gear selector controlled with you left foot. You depress the clutch to select gears and when starting and stopping.. When you are learning you should also back off the throttle when engaging the clutch

Actually thinking about it learning the manual side on a pit bike is a better idea, if you give it to much throttle and release the clutch the bike will pop up on you, its better having a pitty pop up on you than a 450.

It's really not hard dude, and it doesn't take long to get the hang of it. as you release the clutch their will be a take up point where you can feel the engine starting to engage, then just give it a little bit of gas and let the clutch out slowly and you should get going that is the hardest part and then as you go just pull in the clutch and change to the next gear and let the clutch out.

This is a very basic description and by all means i don't want it to sound like i'm treating you like an idiot, but you did ask for the steps.

its realy eazy, today i was showing an 8 year old kid who had never riden a motorbike in his life how to ride a yz80, and he picked it up in like 20mins!

once you learn to take off its realy eazy!

Its not that hard

With me it was taking off that was a problem but once i got that everything else came to me like a second nature.

I was teaching my missus g/son on how to ride manual for the first time last week ,
its best to find a small hill or slight rise in a road ,face the bike upwards to the top ,
now get them on the bike holding the front brake fully ,
now let them slowly release the clutch lever to feel the engage point - then pull it back in ,
do this several times (good for muscle memory + strenght)
now they have that operation under control they need to start slowly increasing the revs ,
once you have clutch control on take off ,changing during riding is easy just clutch in and out !!!

yeh its really easy mate

you will also find once u have the princible of how the clutch and accel work you will find yourself a master of a manual car when you get your licence...

same dealeooooooooo

Nobody remembered to tell you that you have to pull the clutch in when you stop aswell or you'll probably stall it or fall off

Latest posts

Back