Marzocchi fork question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crf_j

Reaction score
I have a set of marzocchi forks, as i havent intalled these before i have two questions:
How do you get a tight front axle on for the first time? I dont want to bash it in fear of damage.??
Secondly, i have ordered a set of tapered bearings, are these best? Do they come with a fork race to suit the marzocchi steerer?

Cheers for the help

well the i would assume these forks are very similar to my gpx black labels in which case there will be a couple of bolts on the underside of one of the fork legs, loosen these and the axle should just slide. tapered bearing are what i run and believe they would do the job better then other.

Cheers mate got it all sorted now. The axle just needed a bit of extra grease and a light tap.

Don't grease axles. There not meant to move. Use a large flat blade screwdriver to gently pry open the gap where the two bolt clamp down.

Ar
Don't grease axles. There not meant to move. Use a large flat blade screwdriver to gently pry open the gap where the two bolt clamp down.

Are u talkn bout the axle between the triple clamps, if so how do u remove it, i just got a cr 80 1998 mod and want to use the forks on my pit bike but looked easier to put the whole cr80 front end on as stock front end was a bit washy and were 730mm usd forks, with 17/14 wheels same as th cr 80 , just need to adjust fork legs through the clamps to my comfort, but my std steer bearings wont fit over the cr80 clamp axle or head stock axle and cr80 bearings wont fit in the whole were the clamp stem axle sits in , what can i do , can i use the original pit bike clamp stem axle and fit it to the bottom clamp of the cr80 forks . Plz help thers lots of people doing this conversion, must be away

cr80 fork conversion to pit bike

Ar

Are u talkn bout the axle between the triple clamps, if so how do u remove it, i just got a cr 80 1998 mod and want to use the forks on my pit bike but looked easier to put the whole cr80 front end on as stock front end was a bit washy and were 730mm usd forks, with 17/14 wheels same as th cr 80 , just need to adjust fork legs through the clamps to my comfort, but my std steer bearings wont fit over the cr80 clamp axle or head stock axle and cr80 bearings wont fit in the whole were the clamp stem axle sits in , what can i do , can i use the original pit bike clamp stem axle and fit it to the bottom clamp of the cr80 forks . Plz help thers lots of people doing this conversion, must be away

Latest posts

Back