ME BIKES SPITTN' CHUNKS! o.o

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norway

Reaction score
I took my Pit Racer 140 Pit Racer - the most powerfull pit bike on the market for a pretty decent strap around a patch of land yesterday and when I got her home I noticed that the whoole rear end of the bike (swing arm, rear disc etc) was covered in engine oil.

There's a overflow tube coming from the head and I'm guess that the oil would've come from there, i'm just wondering if this always happend when you really ride your bike hard...
Considering this is the first time i've really given her some juice.

Isn't the oil supposed to splash around all over the place anyway... atleast inside the head, why was it all coming out of the overflow?
There was heaps, I put 900ml in and i'd guess there was only 200ml left.

well check you dipstick man and see how much you have in her.. so times when you do load em up with too much it will come out the overflow as designed to..

whn you fill it up with oil, dont just put 900ml in case thats a good amount put some in and then check it on your dipstick.. put some in and check it on your dipstick ;)

good luck

when you hold an engine on the limiter for to long it pumps all the oil into the head
well it does on a yz450/250/crf450/250 and in turn pisses oil everywhere
but these engines are differant and they will throw oil out if it has been over filled
so you have either done that or you have been going way hard
or there's somthing wrong

but there might be an easy answer dunno

Try to find the source of the leak. Give the bike a clean and put some rag around the tube. Hold it on with some tape and give the bike a hiding for a couple of minutes to see if the rag is getting oil on it. If the rag stays clean then look for other leaks.

Well I gave her a nice clean last seeing as the Gold Coast dam is at 99% than sat her on idle for a good 5 minutes and fair enough the over flow gave out two or three dropplets but nothing more...
I revved her a for a little while and nothing new... But when I started giving her more juice it started spitting some oil out of the over flow again, it's deffinately not coming from anywhere else...

In response to what you said Darb110, when i tested the theory last night it only had 400ml in.
And I did what Coolmodee01 stated and theory soon became precticality cuz' me bike pissed out oil all over the place.

I'm thinking becuase it's a relatively new bike It just needed to be run in, and I was going at it pretty hard on the weekend so that's most likely my problem.

oh yer, holding your engine on limiter is probably the best way to run it on:) :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back