MENT4L's LXR

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MENT4L

Reaction score
Picked up a LXR LE from the freight Depot Friday after purchasing it off FastMarty (good bloke to deal with)

So far all i have done is change the grips from the pro taper rockstar to pro taper pillow tops, 14t front sprocket, DID gold chain and a second UNIfilter
I have ordered new plastics and Ringmaster Images is doing me a custom "MENT4L" Kit and thats about it so far!!!

Plan is to do the TB Barrel and V2 head with PWK 28mm like everybody does then just bling it up a little since it already has the shivers, elka and T4 pipe

anyway heres a few Pics to get it started but i will update this thread as things happen :)

IMG_2699.jpg

After Sundays ride, was to dark once we got back to wash it so had to wait till monday morning :(
IMG_2717.jpg

and 1 loaded with the CRF sunday leaving for the first ride
IMG_2715.jpg

Last edited:
sweet buy man, def a good bike there with all the good stuff on it.

sweet buy man, def a good bike there with all the good stuff on it.

cheers mate, i was keen on getting one so as soon as i seen Marty post on here he wanted a 250 i jumped on it!!!
Cant wait to hit up VCM @ Yarram next weekend on it, hopefully be a little more competitive than last meet on the poor little dmx lol

Last edited:
man nice buy! will look trick with those parts you listed above :) how much you get this beast for?

thanks dude, sort of wish i could do the engine mods now but i need to save a little more coin after buying the engagement ring haha

as for price, I'll keep that to myself ;) but i was happy and so was Marty i think

cheers mate, i was keen on getting one so as soon as i seen Marty post on here he wanted a 250 i jumped on it!!!
Cant wait to hit up VCM @ Yarram next weekend on it, hopefully be a little more competitive than last meet on the poor little dmx lol

Seeing the tracks you guys race on for VCM, you definitely need a good midsize to be competitive. Seems like a good series going on down there. Shame its so far away. Have to try and get down for a round, just need the time off to do it.

I only raced the last round @ Undera and im hooked!!! well run meet and an awesome group of guys to enjoy it with so you cant go wrong... well worth the trip one day man!!!!

Good to see you are enjoying the LXR mate. :) Was a pleasure 'doin' business' with you. I'm glad its gone to a good home, and its going to look awesome once you've bling'd it up some more :) Def a good trailer buddy for the CRF!

And yes... we were both happy. I'm just a bit jealous though, as I still want the bike, but, can't afford to have the two bikes at the mo. One day soon, I'll be building a CRF 70 or 100 :) Right now... I can't wait to play more on my YZF. :)

Have FUN!

I only raced the last round @ Undera and im hooked!!! well run meet and an awesome group of guys to enjoy it with so you cant go wrong... well worth the trip one day man!!!!

wicked!! love the bike man looks great with marzocchis on is and PC pipe :)

hopfully more people get the bug aswell and join us, you will find the power really comfortable and easy to handle... crack the throttle and grab tractions were us 184kit blokes dont have that traction with 20+HP!! but soooooo much fun going that fast i might add

cya at yarram next week should be good, if it rains it could be anyones race which is good :)

Thanks heaps again Marty I love it!!!

Cheers Styv, im keen to get this engine humming...

Quick question, can I buy the V2 head and run it on the stock barrel before I do the 184 kit??? Or am I better to wait and do it all at once?

U can just do the head u just might save a lil $ if u do it all at once unless u doing it yourself

If u just wanna do the head then i pretty sure u go with this one http://classichonda50saustralia.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=198 as it runs the 60mm piston to suit the porting on the head, but bear in mind if u intend on doing the 184 upgrade later u gonna have to look at decomp and the piston u get with that head wont suit the 64mm big bore so u will have lotsa spares :)

Last edited:
Ok thanks Roy :)

Hmmm thinking it may just be better to just wait and do the lot in 1 go, less stuffing around and should be able to have it ready to go by Yanakie if I'm lucky

:confused-smiley-014Just a thought Trent,
I still deciding between doing that or the full 184 too if it makes ya feel any better:baaa:

Haha yep just a little bit ;)
I think I'm just going to go the whole hog and be done with it, then the only excuse I have is my riding ability lol

wicked!! love the bike man looks great with marzocchis on is and PC pipe :)

hopfully more people get the bug aswell and join us, you will find the power really comfortable and easy to handle... crack the throttle and grab tractions were us 184kit blokes dont have that traction with 20+HP!! but soooooo much fun going that fast i might add

cya at yarram next week should be good, if it rains it could be anyones race which is good :)

It's going to be a bog hole I reckon!!! Bring your tearoffs.

im not interested in the bike whos vr / vs is that behind the bike she looks like she's got a nice setup under the bonnet mate !

Yeh mate it looking that way... I hate riding in the mud to lol

Haha cheers nickv1980, that's my Calais in the back ground. Many hours and all nighters have gone into it...
Just gotta adjust the idle air control motor and get it back on the dyno for its final tune then it's time to sell it

Yeh mate it looking that way... I hate riding in the mud to lol

Haha cheers nickv1980, that's my Calais in the back ground. Many hours and all nighters have gone into it...
Just gotta adjust the idle air control motor and get it back on the dyno for its final tune then it's time to sell it

Looks like one sweet ride ...my mate has the vs clubby with similar throttle body and manifold setup ... looks like a harrop ?? with injection and 4 barrel throttle body ?? Looks the goods mate nice work ! All the speed-flow fittings look trick as well :car:

Looks like one sweet ride ...my mate has the vs clubby with similar throttle body and manifold setup ... looks like a harrop ?? with injection and 4 barrel throttle body ?? Looks the goods mate nice work ! All the speed-flow fittings look trick as well :car:

Thanks dude!! It's the Torque Power dual plane low rise manifold with ProFlow billet 1000cfm quad throttle, ProFlow billet fuel rails, Aeroflow billet spacer and fittings, braided lines etc... Owes me a bloody fortune that I'm never going to get back, fully built 650hp+ T350 auto, full Genuine HSV leather Coulson interior.. Nothing on this car is standard lol

Got to sell it though as I need a van for work (and bikes)

Back on topic, what sort of gearing are people running? Can anyone give me a hint on what will work ok on the stock 160HO at Yarram? I've changed the to a 14t front but havnt changed the rear. On the DMX at Undera with stock gearing I barely changed into 3rd lol

Took the bike out for a 10min ride yesterday arvo at Mums and the gearing seems to have made a massive difference!!! Only problem is I have no idea what Yarram is like so looks like im winging it hahaha

Had a few boxes turn up from DHZ yesty as well, new anodized stand and new white plastics :) then today my new graphics kit turned up thanks to Ringmaster so im fitting them up now so I can fit them tomorrow and get some photo's while it's still all clean

Latest posts

Back