Mick's Big Crash (Pics)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeeby

Reaction score
Details are sketchy about what caused the accident and what exactly happened but apparently Mick hit a tyre which sent him highside then skidding down the track before smashing through the tyre wall. Mick immediately let out a big "Wooo!" and went to stand...and then the pain set in. Stumbling he reached the fence and took a seat and then we realised the seriousness of it all, he managed to walk himself back to his pit area and everyone gave him a hand with his gear and bike. By this point Mick was clearly in agony and was reluctant to get his leathers off for fear of what might lie underneath. Still not sure what the injury was but here's a photo of his leg at the track, it was three times this size by the time he left hospital.
IMG_0068.jpg

Oh deary what have we done here...

IMG_0067.jpg

Last edited:
The ambos gave him the happy stick and Mick was a happy fellow after that

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Okay so Mick is as high as a kite by now and figures he can just float on to the stretcher.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

There's no way you're getting that happy stick off him :rolleyes:

IMG_0075.jpg

Later dude... :p

IMG_0078.jpg

ooh i have his phone number i'll give him a call and find out what the doctors said.

From what i've been told is he come hooking up the straight droped his knee to take the corner and cliped a tyre. After that it was skygroundskyground GROUND!

Those pictures don't do it justice, the welt on his thy was HUGE. Fingers crossed he's ok, he looks fine.hhehehe

Not broken, but sent home on morphine :p

I don't think the curbs are an option. The track also doubles as the carpark for the speedway next door and so everyday we have to pack up all the tyres so that cars can park there. I would certainly prefer curbs but the tyres also give us the option of changing the layout a bit every so often to keep it fresh.

Gave him a call this morning, he's ok. He has major swelling of his thy down past his knee. I'd say he'll be off the track for a week or three. BTW he loved the pics..hehhe

Yeah those tyres are nasty if you want to start pushing hard...what happened to him is exactly why. They will rip tendons if they catch your knee or break a leg. Lucky fella Mick...

Okay so this report just in from another witness. Apparently his peg was getting closer and closer to the ground each lap on this particular corner she was watching and then finally the peg hit, dug and flipped his bike left and sent him flying off to the right.

Errrrr.... I doubt it.... unless he has steel pegs and they are welded to the bike.... even then I doubt it.......

Errrrr.... I doubt it.... unless he has steel pegs and they are welded to the bike.... even then I doubt it.......

wouldn't be so sure there Mr Worm, it is quite a common thing to happen if the peg starts to drag and then hits a hole or solid stone. Part of the reason that peg sliders are mandatory in supermotard racing.

So the question here is if he had of had some of my magnificent chopping board peg sliders would this have happened?

*Scratches head and thinks about producing them for sale.....*

Last edited:
wouldn't be so sure there Mr Worm, it is quite a common thing to happen if the peg starts to drag and then hits a hole or solid stone.

Nah man! Quite common?
And if ur track has pot holes and bolders I feel sorry for ya lol

If u can direct me to anywhere that says sliders are mandatory because otherwise the bike crashes ill eat my hat.

yeah won't find anywhere that it states need them to help avoid crashes, they would need one about non talented riders aswel.....

This is not the first time I have heard of a bike going belly up because of a peg dragging then biting thats all, hell i can probably go and take a pic of my bent peg on my husky and it went down a fair bit slower then what mick would have been doing, was on the road and it wasn't choppy road just not smooth smooth bitumen. Remember it doesn't take too much to make one of these small bikes unstable if you already have some speed behind you.

Latest posts

Back