midsized tards

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damonator

Reaction score
i hav a ssr 140tx, its like a klx 110 style bigbike can people giv me some advice on how to det up a big bike to a tard like that ? also some tips on how to controle a big bike like that on the asphalt cause im not a very big guy

Get some photos up man, we'll be able to give you all the setup tips you need... For riding tips it's best to head down to the track and people will give you pointers :)

In the mean time, read the hell out of the forum. There is a wealth of info in the tard section ;)

If what you have is one of these Wicked MX - Performance Pit Bikes On Sale then the setup would be no different than any other pitbike on here.
As set of road tyres and rims and your done. [Basic setup]
From there you can mod things to make it perform more like a road bike than a dirt bike. But that will come with time on the bike.:bike:

yeah thats the one Barnesd09 ill try post some pictures as soon as i can but my bike is kind of in a few pieces. and im also in the process of designing some new graphix kit. i also noticed that some of the bigger bikes like my bike run the front mudguard off and dose anyone know how to lower tall forks ?

thakx so much guys for the info soo far

Befor I start letting you in on a few secrets and things to do to your bike for improved handling and to pass scrutineering... Do you plan on going to races at Warrnambool or even possibly National and state races?

yeah umm eventyaly but it will only be in a year or so and i would have to race in the jouriors. i havent even been riding in ages and i have only rode my friends one.
i just realy want to get into the sport oh and i wont be at National and state races cause ill finish last LOL =)

these are some pic of my bike

i hope they work =P

nope....
i used to have that problem too..... down the bottom of the message box when your typing a message, click on 'preview post' and you will see if they work :)

hi im looking 2 do the same set up a big wheel tard im looking 4 a bike atm im not at all new to bikes just the pit bike deal im thiunking of the pitster pro lxr but dont no the wheel sizes yet or relly anything about the pit bikes i want to race tards for something new anyone with a idea on a smashing kick ass bike to set up to do this n im not looking for a $500 job n dont care if i throw 5/6g at the thing

i think the lxr as you mentioned before would be an awesome starting point for a minitard, you wouldnt have to do a great deal to it apart from rims/tyres and a catchcan..Plus you could upgrade the carb and whack on a V2 head and it would be a wepon..

My 2c anyways

What about a motovert expert 150 daytona?

Or a pitster pro x4r?

I'm guessing if you want to race you'll end up with 12" wheels like the rest of us... That's what the Aus nationals (and I'd imagine any other league) dictates is to be used ;)

The LXR would be a sweet choice or perhaps have a look at the RevMX...

i was gonna suggest the Rev but i think Londin has done it...so yeah, suggested the LXr to be different

I would like to see a LXR-tard... It would be interesting to compare one to a RevMX; I can't see there being much difference :)

lxr tard

pitster do a 12" motard rim set n brakes redy to rock so the guy at the dealership just told me so now just need 2 work out how 2 clam it as a business expence and its a mobile mower n small engine work shop so cant b that hard

if your talking about the Outlaw, the LXR or REV would be far better with tard rims/tyres..

especially if, like you said you have a few $$ to throw at it..

no pitster do a set of 12"motard rims tyers brakes 4 the lxr they just throw the tard set up on it if u ask so the guy at the shop tells me he is ment 2 get back 2 me with a price this week not that i care i just want a kick ass bike

thumb600600_LXR150_4S_Holeshot_SM.jpg

Very nice... I'm guessing Pitster don't supply you with Mobster rims... Pity ;)

Latest posts

Back