Mikals CRF50 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikal52

Reaction score
Gday everyone,

Been looking around this site for the past weeks, thought it was about time I said something on here.

Picking up a new 2011 crf50 on Thursday. To say I'm excited would be an understatement!

Ridden big bikes for over 10 years and decided to get this for a bit of fun and a few of my mates have them now so thought why not...

Already mate a few orders for it, which include.

- BBR bar kit
- BBR Skid plates
- BBR chain guide
- TBR footpegs
- TBR tall seat
- TBR longer gear lever
- Sik 50's longer brake lever
- Unifilter
- FMF 4.1 exhaust
- Fox float shock
- Red barron +1 fork legs
- Red barron HD springs
- Ringmaster numbers

Everything is coming from fasterminis.com... Any feedback on their delivery time???

As you can see it wont be stock for long, but I'm going to keep it at 50cc at least until the end of the year... After which I'll probably get a TB 88cc kit

I'll throw up some photos when I get it before and after everything is fitted.

Cheers
Michael

nice work mate!

Fasterminis is pretty good , have had a few problems of not having items in stock after ive ordered . i think you may find that with the fox float ? ive heard they have been out of stock for a while.

Also the 4.1 would be to big for a stock engine i would say . great exhaust tho.

Cheers mate

The shock was delayed a couple of days, but now that order (suspension) has been shipped. Just waiting on the majority order (bars, pegs etc..) Hopefully gets shipped on Monday.

Yeah I had a feeling it would be, I assume it would suit the 88 kit alot better??

Michael

Yer all my stuff from u.s has been taking a while lately .

Will suit the 88 better , but even then would be more suited for 88race head and up

Ahh well, all I can do is wait I guess... Just hope I get it in time do a bit of riding before I gotta head back to work...

Yeah I'll be getting the kit with race head and cam etc... At $350 it's too good not to do it!

yeah my stuff from fasterminis took like 3-4 weeks
and that 88 kit sounds good!
so are you going to wait till the end of the year now for it?

When I ordered it I asked for 5 day express shipping so I'm hoping it'll be here in about a week.

Yeah I'll wait till the end of the year for the 88 kit, it's my first 50 so I'll ride it for a while as is, so that when I put the kit on I'll appreciate it more haha

Michael

I have gotten stuff in under a week from the U.S with regular shipping , just depends i guess.

sounds like its going to be a beast, if you ever come down to perth bring it with you & come out for a ride!

i got parts from us about 2 weeks ago it took them 7 working days and i was cheering

I'll be in Perth on the 29th actually, no pit bike though.... Unless all my parts have arrived by Friday this week.

But I'll have my big bike there and heading to Mogumber (Dirt Rider Heaven) on Friday the 2nd for a ride, possibly Saturday too if anyone is keen.

My big bike is big, and yellow with #5... So if you see me come say hi!

Just had an email from Faster minis, my order was held up because they didn't have a set of grips in stock....... Hopefully they have the different colour in stock and can send everything lol...

So looks like the bars and exhaust ect are still a couple of weeks away, good news is that the Suspension and seat are already on the way, and my numbers shouldn't be far away.

I'll have some pics up Friday of the new steed :)

Michael

out of interest how much did it cost you for all of those aftermarket parts?

Hi everyone,

Haven't been hiding just didn't have internet and it was too hard to upload anything on my phone...

The parts I bought all up cost around $1500... Postage was pretty steep coming from the US but the were 3 fairly large orders haha.

Anyway, To prove that the bike is real and I'm not just talking sh*t I think it's time for some photos :)

Here it is the day I picked it up....

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

This is what it looked like yesterday morning

IMG_4391.jpg

And here is how it was sitting yesterday arvo/now...

IMG_4007.jpg

Everything has been installed except the fork extensions and HD springs, I'll put them in today or tomorrow.

More pics to come but for now I'm going to ride the thing :D

Cheers
Michael

those VS stickers are more popular than cup cakes at fat camp!

looking sweet tho!

Latest posts

Back