Mikals CRF50 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks so sick, how much was your postage coz im getting a pipe suspension barkit seat pegs and other small things a want to know roughly haha, thanks

Haha Chingy and I gave out 10000 of those stickers at Manji 15000 alone, i cant even comprehend the amount we've given away this year for promo, they're everywhere now.

Um from memory the postage wasa couple of hundred.... But I asked for express postage also.

Haha haven't seen them VS stickers anywhere in Karratha yet.... They'll be up here in about 6-9 months, bit behind the times up this way lol.

She's not clean anymore :( But at least it's getting ridden! Love it haha

Michael

cheers i thought it would be way more coz i use to buy bmx parts from america and for 1 wheel it was like 200 bucks

Haha Chingy and I gave out 10000 of those stickers at Manji 15000 alone, i cant even comprehend the amount we've given away this year for promo, they're everywhere now.

even the po po run them
255609_10150612907100088_900980087_19038778_4960500_n.jpg

Haha that's sweet... Love the red can too :p

Anyway, put the forks in on Friday... Using westy's how to in his build (thanks alot) Took a few hours and some bush mechanics, I don't own a vice or proper work bench yet..... But I got it done in the end :)

Here's how she sits today.

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

Not sure what to do next... 88 kit will come at xmas, until then I think I'll just enjoy it as it sits.

Cheers
Michael

I miss this thing :(

Been back at work for a couple of weeks now and I am craving a ride!!! I didn't come over here without bringing a little reminder of the bike with me though.........

I'll start off by saying, this is the first and only time I have ever ridden a motorcycle without a helmet on.... And boy did I learn my lesson, the hard way!!!

A friend of mine had built some jump not too far from my house, and I'd just finished putting all the goodies on the bike... So naturally I had to test them out.

Here's a pic of one of the bigger of the jumps he built... Sorry for the phone photos.

IMG_9734.png

What I didn't realize, is that when I'd put my forks back together I hadn't quite clipped the circlip in that holds all the insides of the fork in... And doing these jumps forced them out! Without me realising...

So unaware I kept riding, next jump I hit was a smaller double, and the front wheel must have shifted as the forks were sitting loose in the outer tubes... Needless to say I washed the front end out on landing and face planted, on the extremely unforgiving Pilbara dirt.. See below for the end result :damnmate:

IMG_2549.jpg

So I've learnt my lessson, and luckily there was no damage to the bike other than a couple of scratches, forks have been put back together (properly) And I'll definitely be checking them after each jump for a while to come.

Cheers
Michael

Last edited:
Nah I figure that I'll keep riding it as is for the time being, and when the frame bends. I'll have an excuse to get a new billet frame, +2 swingarm and new forks to suit ;)

So for now it's staying as is... Oh apart from a Race head TB 88cc Kit, which could be coming sooner than first expected :p

Michael

hope you dont mind me asking, but around how much did it cost for all the mods?

From memory I've spent almost the price of bike again on mods.... ~$1400... Maybe a little less.

I don't think it's that bad really for the amout of stuff that it's got now..

From memory I've spent almost the price of bike again on mods.... ~$1400... Maybe a little less.

I don't think it's that bad really for the amout of stuff that it's got now..

you've done well, 50 stuff add's up quickly.

Latest posts

Back