mikuni 22mm vs genuine vm22-133 jetting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a new member, been searching around here and Google looking for an answer to my question and just can't seem to find a solid answer. So here goes,
Got a thumpstar 125 with gpx125 motor. Trying to mate a real mikuni vm22-133 to it. I can't find any suggestions as to a good baseline. Some suggest 17.5 pilot and 100-105 main, but then some say 30 pilot and 130 main. I can't determine if people are referring to the mikuni 22 clone or the vm22-133.
Does anyone have a vm22-133 running on a 125 that could give me a baseline for running at approximately sea level?
Thank you guys very much any help.

Am interested in how this discussion goes. I fitted a Genuine VM22-133 to a non-running madass 125. It came with 30 pilot and 100 main. So far I've got the bike to run roughly but it has other issues to solve yet. On another forum someone fitted the same carb, same jetting, to their madass 125 and got good results with the needle on the richest setting.

Carbs not here yet. When it comes I'll try it out. It says that it comes with a 15 pilot, but I'm hoping it comes with a 30 like everyone says as I ordered a 17.5 and 20 pilot additionally. Let you know of my findings. Hopefully someone can advise us in the mean time if possible.

Ok so carb came in. Doesn't really fit under my frame, so I unbolted the manifold and swung the manifold 180 degrees and mounted the carb facing forward just so I can try it out. It came with a 30 pilot not a 15 and I left it in there to try out. It definitely idles smoother and revs more clearly. I tired it out and my bog when snapping the throttle is gone. I raised the needle one clip and I think the 100 main is a bit lean. I didn't ride it much. As the carb wasn't really miunted correctly. For now I've ordered a new I take to spin the carb out to the left a little more to clear the frame. Once all that is installed correctly, I'll spend more time tuning and report back my findings.

Latest posts

Back