Mikuni Carbie?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neatos101

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering about my carb

i gota mikuni 26mm off my motovert 125 and just wondering if it would suit a 140cc lifan as i cant be fucked getting a new carbie will it be ok? :rolleyes:

Is it a genuine 26 mm carb ??????? meaning it's 26 mm in diameter or the ovalled equivalent in area thru the venturi (smallest area in the centre at the slide) . If it's an oval bore carb with a 26 mm round bore out the rear it's a 22 mm carb .... sellers go on with way too much BS in their specs to con suckers in and when they come onto forums asking questions about their such and such a sized carb it's hard to give reliable answers .......... The cheap 26 mm oval bore Mikunis are 30 mm round out the rear ........... they also have what size they are stamped on a small flat pad on the manifold flange at the top left .........

Any carb will work but the peak revs and power potential of the engine will be limited by the peak airflow that the carb is able to supply (and the exhaust pipe is able to get rid of) ....... eg the engine might go like it's only getting say .. 3/4 throttle and holding back - at FULL throttle .... You don't have to be Albert Einstein to understand that if your carb isn't as big as the intake port right thru the guts of it (venturi) and the intake manifold and exhaust pipe can cope ........ then it's going to severely limit the peak performance potential ......

I'd go so far as saying that your 125 would blow the 140 away with that carb on it ........ A lot of fools in the US upgraded to 140's but used their old GPX Pitster 125 carbs (and exhaust pipes) ...... then whinged and BS'd that the 140 Lifans were a big disappointment and slower than their crap GPX's ....... that's all changed now that they've finally woken up to themselves ........ :p

Is it a genuine 26 mm carb ??????? meaning it's 26 mm in diameter or the ovalled equivalent in area thru the venturi (smallest area in the centre at the slide) . If it's an oval bore carb with a 26 mm round bore out the rear it's a 22 mm carb .... sellers go on with way too much BS in their specs to con suckers in and when they come onto forums asking questions about their such and such a sized carb it's hard to give reliable answers .......... The cheap 26 mm oval bore Mikunis are 30 mm round out the rear ........... they also have what size they are stamped on a small flat pad on the manifold flange at the top left .........

Any carb will work but the peak revs and power potential of the engine will be limited by the peak airflow that the carb is able to supply (and the exhaust pipe is able to get rid of) ....... eg the engine might go like it's only getting say .. 3/4 throttle and holding back - at FULL throttle .... You don't have to be Albert Einstein to understand that if your carb isn't as big as the intake port right thru the guts of it (venturi) and the intake manifold and exhaust pipe can cope ........ then it's going to severely limit the peak performance potential ......

I'd go so far as saying that your 125 would blow the 140 away with that carb on it ........ A lot of fools in the US upgraded to 140's but used their old GPX Pitster 125 carbs (and exhaust pipes) ...... then whinged and BS'd that the 140 Lifans were a big disappointment and slower than their crap GPX's ....... that's all changed now that they've finally woken up to themselves ........ :p

is there anything u dont know?

is there anything u dont know?

LOL ....... Yes , there's a ton of stuff that I don't know ..... just like anyone else on the planet ....... if I don't know something and it interests me ..... I'll search to find out and ask questions until I do ...... then actually DO it to know first hand . I know most of what I state by actually having done it or having read extensively about it .... Most of it's just sheer common sense ......

LOL ....... Yes , there's a ton of stuff that I don't know ..... just like anyone else on the planet ....... if I don't know something and it interests me ..... I'll search to find out and ask questions until I do ...... then actually DO it to know first hand . I know most of what I state by actually having done it or having read extensively about it .... Most of it's just sheer common sense ......

thats awsome man if i ever have a problem im going to ask u man ur a bloody genius
are u a bike mechanic?

Latest posts

Back