Mini Dirt Bike 49cc Help Needed Pleeeeease .................

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

performance

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time here , i'm hoping someone can help .I'm in the uk and bought a mini dirt bike 49cc 2 stroke for my son for xmas,i think it was from china.After using it for a week the center nut on the clutch bell sheared right through (we were told this was weight related), i replaced it with a new one and then after it was rode for about 2 tanks (noone too heavy on) two of the clutch arms snapped off completely and the pads were worn to a pile of dust.We replaced it with a new clutch centrifuge (the new clutch bell was fine) and replaced the rev cable&throttle as it was threaded then it was rode for another 2 tanks and now the new clutch bell has sheared through.I would really appreciate it if anyone can offer any advice as to why this is happening, it's my 14 yr olds bike (i'm his mother btw) and i am really at a loss with trying to fix this. Many thanks

buy an ajustable racing clutch, that should fix the problem, there pretty expensive but they are worth the money

i they wear you can take them to a brake pad joint or something like that and get them to replace with new clutch pads

We can supply you a good quality clutch and bell housing with the sprocket attached... Cost you $40 plus shipping..

Im just guessing but it could be that the cheep parts are being replaced with the same quality...You have to go up in quality a little

Cheers

A RACING CLUTCH IS AN ALTERNATIVE IF YOU CAN AFFORD BUT THEY ARE BLOODY GOOD...

Cheers Vadim
Elstar Products

clutch bell

Many thanks for the replies.What concerns me is WHY the clutch bell keeps shearing through and will changing the type of clutch as you suggest stop this from happening.At the minute i need to buy another new clutch bell and don't want it to happen again especially if i replace the clutch aswell, thankyou

yeah getting a good quality clutch and bell housing should fix the problem.

and like "illusivedreams" said u have to go up in quality when upgrading coz if u keep buying the same parts its just gonna keep happening. :)

problems with 49cc dirt bikes

Hi,
I have dealt with these bikes quiet a bit and can tell you though you may believe the housing is fine i can tell you that from brand new i have seen them slightly ovalled out. In saying that though i know they sya the weight limit is 150 kg r something crazy like this a 14 yr old is to heavy for this motor cycle and you will have nothing but problems they are truelo only meant for kid between the ages of 3 and 8 at a real push.
cheers

Latest posts

Back