Mini Ramp

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubes380

Reaction score
hey guys just want to build a mini ramp and wanted to see what people have tried and liked/disliked so it turns out the best.
ive got a design in mind but its in autocad so i have to wait till next wed till im back at uni to get it show i can post it up

anyway what do people have and is there a comp standard or something?
thanks in advance

z50kid is building a ramp atm, its going alright not the best but.. No i've never built a ramp so i couldnt tell ya sorry.

DCAM5980.jpg

[email protected]
i made a lot of them dude add me if ya want to and ask me some things i kno a but but not a pro like ARD

just that ramp needs ply...

When ive built ive used nice heavy 16mm thick ply for the sides and then essentially traced out a perfect arc with a big piece of string and a texta, like a compass on paper just bigger! Work it out on paper to scale and then put it down onto the wood. Cut the two sides as big as you need and then cut ribs for the ramp basically. The biggest one ive made is 10ft base and 6ft tall. With the perfect arc its smooth and boots nice and high. This is more of a height and pop lip than anything though. Its all pretty easy stuff to work out, just think it out and draw it up. Wood obviously isnt as strong as steel but is sometimes easier to deal with, depends what your used too...

this is my brand new baby first ramp eva its extremely steep cause my mate wants to try a flip on his mtb so i just built it like that i think im ganna neet to reallt peg it down well but yea i had no plans just threw it together ind it kinda worked so yea. ill let u know how it goes

P4290016.jpg

P4290015-2.jpg

Image366.jpg

The 10x6 under construction with its ribs on show...

Image373.jpg

This is the 10x6 finished and being transported...

Image386.jpg

This is an 8x5 all finished too. You can really see just how basic these things are too make, some 16mm ply for the sides, 7mm ply for the face, some 2x4s for the ribs, liquid nails, some screws, some G-Clamps a jigsaw and not too much else really. The most important part is to make a PROPER CURVED ARC!!! The pics posted up before, the ramp will be just like hitting a big gutter on either a MTB or a mini bike. You gotta have a perfect transition not just drawing it down and guessing it out. Good luck!

Grant.

the main thing i was after was what sort of radius you use for the arc as i dont want it to be to kicky but still want decent air.

Thats what ive been getting at mate, you have to use a big compass type setup, ie peg in ground with string and texta tied to it, work it out on paper first then put it to the wood. If you want distance but a bit of pop its going to need to be a long base...

Grant.

yea captain i used ur kind of desighn but i didnt put the wood into slats im ganna do that on my full size nice ramp though good work.

this is my brand new baby first ramp eva its extremely steep cause my mate wants to try a flip on his mtb so i just built it like that i think im ganna neet to reallt peg it down well but yea i had no plans just threw it together ind it kinda worked so yea. ill let u know how it goes

P4290016.jpg

P4290015-2.jpg

that ramp will flip over when you hit it...

I have x4 ramps next to the new Foam pit small . Med . bigger med . & a large but all of them are shit....

that one of captin dust is the shizzle....... thats what i need now..

design

heres my design hopefully it will come out with all the dimensions on it all right, gonna use 25x25 square tubing hopefully gal so it wont rust.
what do you guys think. the only thing im sorta thinking is the radius might not be on the money and to tight?

how do you resize the files so they are able to upload???

Thats a ripper ramp Grant! I currently making a wooden ramp and the next ramp i'm going to make will be just like yours a bit! Is is possable if you can take a few more pics of it for me just I get a idea of how to build one and is it strong and stable?

how do you resize files? the ones ive got are way to big!!!

Thats a ripper ramp Grant! I currently making a wooden ramp and the next ramp i'm going to make will be just like yours a bit! Is is possable if you can take a few more pics of it for me just I get a idea of how to build one and is it strong and stable?

Thanks for the kind words mate, i dont have many more pics im affraid, you can pretty much see the bulk of it from those pics though, super easy to make, really strong and oh so smooth to hit too. PM me your email addy or something and ill see if i can get hold of some more pics to send to you mate...

Latest posts

Back