mini turbo

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack

Reaction score
I hear the occasional talk of guys wanting to try turbo charging their bike. It is not easily done on a single cylinder engine, especially with small cc's. Supercharging has always been the go for bikes.

Anyhow, thought I'd post up this link to a guy who made a pretty good attempt, even though it didn't work. Might give someone an idea to make it work.

BTW-that is a 120 Lifan he used...and heres the link...
http://www.btinternet.com/~goosegog/turbodax.htm

Last edited:
Where is the link? And is it the blue Honda Dax with the front mount intercooler?

What an idiot. Link would be helpful...

You've seen it obviously. Has it been posted.

What an idiot. Link would be helpful...

You've seen it obviously. Has it been posted.

Yeh i've seen it on a Z50 forum and a few other forums, it didn't work anyway. Wasn't enough exhaust pressure to properly spool the turbo.

Yeh i've seen it on a Z50 forum and a few other forums, it didn't work anyway. Wasn't enough exhaust pressure to properly spool the turbo.

Yes it is very difficult because of the pulsing exhaust of a single cylinder fourstroke which utilises a negative pressure wave for scavaging from the cylinder as compared to a multi where each header exercises this effect on the others and smooths out the exhaust flow.

that isnt why it didnt work!!! they guy didnt do the math!!! if he used the right sized exhaust manifold 23mm instead of 32mm which is to big before a turbo on such a small engine....
32mm would create less pressure thus meaning it wouldnt be able to propel the turbine at a great speed. dropping the pipe size to the same size as your exhaust valve will greatly increase the pressure thus meaning you will have maximun pressure to propel the turbine...
you want about 23-24mm exhaust manifold and about 35-40mm after the turbo.
you could also regrind your cam for more duration but retain the same lift.. this will create more flow to help the turbo spin.
just dont run more the about 5 psi otherwise you will blow your engine quick smart with a 9.5:1 compression..

I'd have to agree with agro. It is actually a pretty well thought out project just not the best executed. A suck through set up would have been a lot easier too.

And those stupid fans aren't even worth the $50 they sell them for.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back