missing at low rpm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

possessed_X7R

Reaction score
im running a MSO X7R with a stock carb (25mm mukini)

the bike will idle and run at high rpm but when i give it a quick twist of the throttle it will die but not stall when still but when i twist quickly whist riding it doesnt do it but has a little lack of response (not heaps)

and also when im in 2nd just cruising it will miss and sound like a cr80 (12a)

my sparky is dark in colour but not excessive and my exhaust gets that hot its starting to discolour it at the bend off the engine

tried new spark plug and lead cap and cleaned out carb

was thinking about the 102.5 main or just drilling it out to 1mm but before i did that id try moving the clip

but the exhaust indicates its lean and the plug says rich so i dont really know what to do

any help would be great

regards
Rowen

the bluey exhaust colour is perfectly normal, unless its glowing red, its not hot, thats not a concern,

there seems to be a common mso flat spot problem, and i thinks its a 102.5 jet that fixes it???

ill let the mso guru set you straight there:D

Hey Rowen, pretty sure it is the 102.5 that takes care of the flat spot problem. Send Cassa a PM he has his sorted now, i'm sure he won't mind enlightening you :)

I thought it was the 105 main??? My carby has a 100 main standard and thats still way to lean.

no-one in town had a 102.5

they all said its too small to keep in stock

so i got a 101.6 drill and drilled it out
and moved the clip up a notch so now its in the middle
fixed my problem no worries

thanx for all your help

regards
rowen

well after all that and not going for a big ride

i started it up today and went for a ride and guess what it was worse than before

so i moved the clip up and the thing just wouldnt go anywhere

so i moved the clip all the way to the bottom and holy shit its great now

after bout 5 mins to warm up third gear sliding everywhere

havnt hit any dry stuff yet but i reckon she will pop up on me now

thanx for everyones help

regards
rowen

I bet you played with it last time when it wasnt at full operating tempreture.

These china bikes often have a personality flaw that let us tune them in our backyard when they are only 3/4 warm and then play up when you take tem out to play. If your bike lets you try to tune it when its not at full temp send it straight to its room (My bike also had a problem with me tuning it at full temp and tries to burn my fingers the little barstard).

Latest posts

Back