Mixture screw no burnt fingers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cass38a

Reaction score
Hi guys I have made a special flexable screw driver to access my pilot mixture screw and it works really well. I will post some pictures but my wife has gone away with the camera (wife goes away I can play).

First I got a flat head screwdriver and found some small tubing that was a tight fit on the screwdriver (I had the tubing and the screwdriver in the shed but if I had to start from scratch I would check the garden centre for some small irrigation tubing and get a screwdriver that is a tight fit into it).

I cut the screwdriver tip off about 20mm from the end and then rejoined the two peices with a short length of the plastic tubing leaving a gap of about 50mm between the cut ends (a touch of supa glue to help hold it dosent hurt). This allows the screwdriver to flex around the engine when getting to the mixture screw.

The only problem I have found is that if you use it for too long the plastic tubing starts to melt where it touches the engine. I am going to slip a peice of fuel line over it to try to stop this happeneing.

If anybody has any other ideas post them up

Cool idea cass38a,i've got a small rachet that take's a 1/4 flat bit.I had to shorten it a bit to get it in there but it's still a little tricky with engine heat!
Your idea is better though,wonder if some 1/4 hydraulic hose might do the trick? would take the heat a little better.

sounds mad id get one two ive burnt myself heaps

i have a long reach flexi rachet set as well that takes all sockets and has screwdrivers aswell only like 10$ from bunnings good investment

Cool idea cass38a,i've got a small rachet that take's a 1/4 flat bit.I had to shorten it a bit to get it in there but it's still a little tricky with engine heat!
Your idea is better though,wonder if some 1/4 hydraulic hose might do the trick? would take the heat a little better.

It would probably be much better than poly irrigation line.

I found the best thing about my screwdriver is that I can lay on my back and actually watch the screw turn as I adjust it. You just need to steady the tip with a finger to keep it straight where it meets the carb but it dosent burn your fingers.

I had to remove that little rubber thingo that is wedged between the cooling fins to do the adjustments (popped out in 2 seconds) is there any point putting it back? what the hell does it do?

It would probably be much better than poly irrigation line.

I found the best thing about my screwdriver is that I can lay on my back and actually watch the screw turn as I adjust it. You just need to steady the tip with a finger to keep it straight where it meets the carb but it dosent burn your fingers.

I had to remove that little rubber thingo that is wedged between the cooling fins to do the adjustments (popped out in 2 seconds) is there any point putting it back? what the hell does it do?

Thats peice of foam keeps your float bowl cool+cool fuel+more performance. You want cool fuel coming into your engine.

Latest posts

Back