Modding Usd Forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie182

Reaction score
hey my usd forks on my pitpro are to soft over jumps, and im wanting to stiffen them up, would changing the oil to a harder grade oil be better? or do i have to buy new fork springs? as i dont wanna buy whole new forks. but then again how much would good usd forks cost? are fastace's any good? lol cheers guys. p.s bike is a pitpro 125rr

yeah change the oil, or even pack the spring with some washers or i have heard of people using 20 cent coins

ok, im gonna change my oil first.
to do this do you just completely take a fork out of the triple clamp and basically take it apart? or just tip out all the oil and then pore some in?

can someone please make a thread or reply on how to fully change the fork oil? cheers.

mate you obviously haven't searched the forums because there was one where someone showed with pics how to pull it apart, measure the amount of oil that came out and replace with same amount of oil. try searching for what ya want before making a post.

about 150ml per fork leg. Go for around 15-20weight oil. If they are old, I'd pull them apart and completely clean them up before putting back to gether and changing the oil. If new, just hcange the oil. make sure you work the rod attached to the dampening valve/shims to drain all the oil. then just measure out 150ml, fork oil or even engine oil would be ok. 20w50 oil from coles/safeway at 9bucks/5litres is good :)

Do not use engine oil,

Fork oil is only $10-20 per litre,
you only need about 500ml maximum.

engine oil will constantly change thickness as temps increase and decrease, your forks will NEVER feel the same, sometimes they will bottom out, other days they won't even move more than a inch..

Check how much oil is in the forks now, replace that amount of oil,
ride the bike, if the fork bottoms, top up the oil in each leg by 5ml, try again, keep going till they don't bottom out "easily"

Juls

I originally thought this too, and you're right, engine oil changes viscosity to temperature, but do you forks ever get that hot?

I was recommended this by a race team who use this method.

ATF also works and forks do get quite hot is running in rough terrain

Latest posts

Back