Mods for a lifan 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roost666

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
ok well i got a atomik 125 for a 100 bucks off a mate just the other day its in great condition all i wanted was the motor really, anyways what mods do you suggest for a lifan 125, already port and polished manifold etc just wondering what else to ?

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that!! lol. Roost on an atomic. That would be a site to see!! hahaha. ;)

I don't know if their is a lot of mod's you can do to a Lifan 125. Can't really do that much to Lifan's in general in the way of performance parts. Bigger Carb maybe? Unifilter. Just the general stuff.

lmao no way would ya catch me on an atomik, maybe back in the day when they first come out but NOT now , only throwing the lifan motor in the vert while i repair the daytona.......ya i was thinking a BVH and a cam but no idea what cam and maybe a 26mm carb, are there any big bore kits available for these, i haven't even started looking for parts or anything yet just curious as to what is worth doing......i know i could spend hundred's of dollars and not even come close to a 140....i just want i trick little reliable back up engine when i need it.....oh and do ya reckon the pipe off my vert will fit it, its a 32mm cnc or what eva just stock vert pro pipe?

I kind of think you will be wasting your money on cams and stuff. As you said, you will spend 100's and still not get it near a 140.

Only 1 way to find out about the exhaust!! lol. I'm sure it would have to come close.

if i can find parts cheap enough or even 2nd hand parts ill still get em any way

also does anyone no it the daytona ignition will plug into the lifan motor......as i wanna keep the daytona ignition setup

what ever parts your after mate email me and ask. i can sell them to ya for cost price if if i put them through with 1 of my orders. which is every couple of weeks. cheers
and i only thinks there the standed stuff to do on lifan 125s
like race cdi, bbk, better carby. joker throtle

lifan big valve head,trail bikes cam and decent carb 24-26mm should wake it up a bit

lifan big valve head,trail bikes cam and decent carb 24-26mm should wake it up a bit

sweet thanks bud, mattbomers you should here from me shortly what type of price's would i be looking at for wat sagaone has suggested......PM me if you like

so far im pulling 116km/h

96 in 3rd:)

lifan 125. gpx 7mm lift cams from dhz,(had an effect) $110 with springs.24?26?mm carbie.$70...not sure...(the 20mm was about the same performance and twice the mileage:mad: dammit!). stock piston, and a race cdi$30...also made no difference..... stupid wastes of money... and a big bore exhaust.$105...once again...no noticeable difference...

with a 17/36 on 10' rims...still popping wheelies in 3rd as well:)

next steps... big valve head.$90, then hi comp piston.dont know the price yet. think its only 9:1 at the mo....

conclusion? the ol' 125 will perform with minimal mods:) ok, 119 in reality.....so what?

Last edited:
so far im pulling 116km/h

96 in 3rd:)

lifan 125. gpx 7mm lift cams from dhz,(had an effect) $110 with springs.24?26?mm carbie.$70...not sure...(the 20mm was about the same performance and twice the mileage:mad: dammit!). stock piston, and a race cdi$30...also made no difference..... stupid wastes of money... and a big bore exhaust.$105...once again...no noticeable difference...

with a 17/36 on 10' rims...still popping wheelies in 3rd as well

next steps... big valve head.$90, then hi comp piston.dont know the price yet. think its only 9:1 at the mo....

conclusion? the ol' 125 will perform with minimal mods:) ok, 119 in reality.....so what?

great stuff headmess, so dont worry about the carb you reckon, ya i will be getting a BVH and cam for sure, so you reckon H/D valve springs aswell, i reckon H/D clutch springs to well couldn't hurt could it:D

Thanks for the info fellas keep it coming

Latest posts

Back