Monos in top gear??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashthumpy

Reaction score
I was reading way back in the threads that people were having trouble monoing in top gear my 04 thumpstar does it fine and its only a 110!! standard gearing aswell only minor engine work. i have trouble keeping it on the ground!

You must be light if you can get the front wheel off in 4th, the three 80cc 2 strokes i ride with can't even do this, but 4 strokes are a lot torquier but still sounds a bit unbelieveable on stock gearing. My monkey bike pictured in my avatar mono's pretty easy due to a very short wheel base and it is a 3 valve 110cc with 26mm mikuni and only monos in 2nd.

yep three down thats it. hey does any one else think that gering is stupid uve got 1-2-3 down click it down again then its neutral click it down again its 1st again? shouldn't it have a stopper or something?? it just cicles through the gears.

yep three down thats it. hey does any one else think that gering is stupid uve got 1-2-3 down click it down again then its neutral click it down again its 1st again? shouldn't it have a stopper or something?? it just cicles through the gears.

that is a bit stupid i reckon does it get really annoying

well there you go, your finnal gear is proberly ratio'd different compared to many of ours... even with the 138 it is difficult to do it in 3rd... unless you stand up

Yeh i'm pretty sure the gears are meant to be like that

fuck off mine will get up in top gear just rap in on and lean back its great fun staying on the back wheel is the best bit ;)

if you know how to do a mono its easy.and a decent 80 should lift every gear if you want it to but most people sit nearly on the tank to keep em down .

i bet u got 10' depends on back wheel size its heeps easy with the small one, most ppl have bigger ones i thinkorz

yep keeps the bike in proportion.little bikes need little wheels.bigger wheels are more stable(less fun) but rob you of torque.keep the minis mini!!!! they are ment to be a second bike afterall

mine wheelies like a mofo. all throught 1st 2nd 3rd 4th, its all about getting it to the height and holding it there

i can do mono's in 3rd gear but that's standing up, havn't tried a mono while sitting down yet, well once i did, it was a massive wheelie but not intentional, i let the cluth out way 2 fast, had trouble holding on & accidently gave it heaps of throttle.

iampetey, once you are in a wheelie, once the wheel is high enough u hav 2 remember 2 keep leaning back heaps & giving it tonnes of throttle to keep the gravity on ur side.

Latest posts

Back