more grunt up top!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniozmad

Reaction score
hey guys
first time user today.....have an atomic prox 125...want to get some more top end....bit short down low through 1st,2nd gears... and seems like its running out of fuel up top to me.. has a 26mm mikuni carb on it or whatevers standard...is there mods for carbs & chain rings...think its a 32 or 33 tooth.
also how do take photos from ur harddrive to the forum page...
thanx miniozmad.........

on the botom of your carby there is a fuel mixture screw move it out half a turn at a time till ya happy or it gets to slugish off the start

how is adjusting the fuel mixture screw give him more top speed!anyways if you think 1st and 2nd are 2 short id try a change of sprocket my mate done it 2 his z50 and it added a good 10 kph and didnt lose hardly anything in accelaratoin just need 2 work out what size u want

more fuel = more power up top because it wont lean out when the bikes revs pick up so it will rev harder but its a fine line between to much fuel and not enough

cheers guys...
have played around with that screw before... it was areal bastard to get to from what i remember... think its in the sprockets more though... need to know how to get my photos from my pc to the forum via attachment... its got me stuffed... :eek:

before you do this turn the screw inwards counting the ammount of revolutions so if for some reason it doesnt work you can put it back to how it was before you started playing. personally i would recommend a sproket upgrade, a 17 - 37 setup seems nice, still plenty bitey on the low gears and much more in top end, also makes your first and 2nd more useable.

Cheers, Tony.

were did you get ya 17 front sprocket from cause i have been lookin and havnt been able to get 1 for the ducar motor

no idea about the ducar as the master shaft pattern is probably different to my motor (i run a GPX) but you can always try www.sadirtbikes.com.au as thats where i got my 17 from, they might be able to find something for you.

Cheers, Tony.

thanks for the info bro.... will tell u results... will try elstar for the sprockets maybe.. dont know of anyone else in sydney...

go with what bones said, getting different tooth cogs, both front and rear. smaller for the wheel, bigger on the engine

Latest posts

Back