More Lifan 125 issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turddirter

Reaction score
I have a pretty new lifan 125 but its having some issues

for one, the carburetor float seems to keep sticking and its letting fuel out of the reserve a lot. I cleaned the needle and still cant seem to get it to stop leaking gas.

the other problem is I can get this thing to go over 45 now. It's like 4 gear doesnt want to even get close to topping out. I can get it to 45 in 3rd and then when i put it in 4th it just chills at 45 and wont rev up.

And the last thing is when I ride for a while it seems to choke out and start to die and I have to pull over and fire it back up. I guess it might be getting to much gas from the carb.

any suggestions? Its on what used to be a jialing 70cc so it has a 37 tooth back sprocket if Im not mistaken. I thought it might need a bigger sprocket but ive gotten this thing up to 60 when i first got it and now it doesnt want to do more than 45.

Is there fuel coming out of the air filter also, pull the carby off and remove the screws that hold the bowl on, now hold the bowl on the carb without the screws and attach the fuel hose and let it fill the carb, when it fills unhook the fuel line and then check how much fuel is in the bowl, will need to be Atleast 10mm from the top any higher then the bowl level is prob to high causing it to flood prob leading to all your probs

hmm not sure if it's coming out of the air filter

So fill it up until it starts draining out of the reserve or how will I know when its full without letting some spill out?

Block the overflow hose or pinch it

You can see the fuel stop flowing thru the filter when it fills

I think I found my problem. Problem wasnt that the float wasnt working, the problem was that the little arm that the float needle sat on was pointed to far down so the needle wasnt sitting high enough. I believe this was the problem

Well now you have adjusted that has the fuel stopped overflowing?? If so you need to do again what you did before with the bowl as playing with that is how you adjust your float level, so you now need to check again on the float level, about 10mm from the top of the bowl is a good starter

thanks for the pointers! it's a little late now, I'm gonna put it back on in the morning and check it out. Also figured out that the previous owner put the fuel filter on upside down... haha

All good mate its only 3:30 in the Arvo here

Latest posts

Back