More noob questions...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyD

Reaction score
OK guys,

Got some new boots today.. Got Fox Comp 5's.. they seem to be the most comforable I found without going over the $300 mark.. They were $270 and got them for $225 so i was cheering.

Got home and jumped on my bike to find its near impossible to change gear. So a longer gear lever is in place.. Many other people had this problem? I haven't worn them in yet (water in them and walked around)

Next. I went to yamoto in moss st and springwood, thought i would go into see if they had oko flatty's, they didn't, I noticed they have a klx style motard in there so i asked about tyres and rims, and they told me a place to go to get tt92's, so I am going to go get them, but before that I want to get rims, so this is the question..

Do I need to get motard rims for the tyres or will normal dirt rims do? Its no problem getting motard rims but just thought I would ask, because i want to keep my dirt tyres spare for the off weekend I hit up lytton with mates...

Ok thanks.

stock rims will be fine im sure , also go to brisbane motorcycle tyres in moss st im sure con could get what you need and have a better range also prolly cheaper

as for boots i never wore them on my mini's so cant help but they will need to be broken in

yeah thats where i got told to go, briz moto tyres.. the dudes at yamoto were awesome.. real nice and down to earth..

if you have the pegmount style that bend upwards piss it off and get a straight through pegmount, before I got one I had to have my shifter facing upwards, and that was a long shifter.

Shoulda asked us where to buy boots lol, coulda got tech 3's for that

Dude, you will need a wider rim to fit the wider tires. Links below are for the right size rims

Front rim:
DHZ Mini Moto - Alloy 12 Rear Motard Rim, 2.15 Wide

Rear rim:
DHZ Mini Moto - Alloy 12 Rear Motard Rim, 2.50 Wide

Please note that some axel are 12mm and the links above is for 15mm I would say that the MSO is 15mm

If you have way to much money then these rims are mind:
thumb_760.jpg

http://www.mobsterpitbike.com/prodotti.asp?IDcat=35&LANG=ITA

those rims are hot... but maccas money doesn't stretch that far! lol..

I need to come up with the money for the carby,tyres and rims yet.. :eek:

so I will chuck my boots on and change my lever to see.. might run them in tonight aswell.. the dude said 45mins.. they are awesome boots look awesome..

ops i may have miss read your thread bro , i was assuming u were going to just fit motard rubber,not going for a wider style , my bad

its ok dude.. Done some calculations, its going to be like $570!! for 2x tt92's, 2x motard rims, 1x oko 26mm flatslide 1x set of axle sliders. hmmm..

not including postage..

TT92's are about 120 each right? (thats what yamoto said)

mum is shocked hahaha. but it should all hopefully come together by the 15th of january, after boots today I still have about 170 bucks, so only 400+ more :( ..

just done that mod then.. seems to be the good, will just have to see if it works when i put my boots back on...

nah i dont..

do you have any old tt92's on rims???

sorry i dont have many spares left .
get a inner rotor kit !!! biggest upgrade available. get a kitico setup its heaps better than the replica .
it just cost 4 times more .
i have got some duro and kendas that are cheap . no rims though.

oh ok..

thanks anwways..

might get a irk.

but atm gotta find money for rims tyres and oko flatty..

get the igition sorted before flatside
unless you got a outer roter kit?

nah the carby is a must.. the other one is fooked.. and pissing me off.

TyD, I'd be keeping well away from an IRK, They are extremely outdated and asking for trouble. Your much better going with an ORK with adjustable timing. less prone to causing damage elsewhere in the engine

its not the timing its the flywheel wieght that makes a difference .what ever you get cheap is good !!!
inner kit = dont use a light wieght oil slinger
outer kit use light slinger
.kitcoe make inner rotor kits .there not out of date .
if ya kick it correctly its all good .either way

nah i dont..

do you have any old tt92's on rims???

I got an rear used TT92 on a 2,15 rim - 100% you well of with that. Tire is used but still usable.

$120 then tire, rim, sprocket(T41 or t42, can remember) and disk. Then you have your old rime setup for the dirt.
Sent me a PM if your keen.
Only thing is that i'm in bloody cold Denmark at the moment and woun't be back forfore the 10th of Jan

Latest posts

Back