motard on the 1st of march

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifan-1p55

Reaction score
hey all me sabertooth and ducar are gona be at motard next weekend just wondering who will be there????

I'll be there - I can't wait to see if i can seize another motor this weekend.
Last sat it was so hot i cooked my motor :( (no oil cooler)
On the upside now I now i have fresh topend & Motul5100 i'll let you know how that goes - can't say i'll notice a difference but worth a chop ooh and have cooler sorted

guard 002.jpg

Last edited:
i have front and rear brakes hooked up to the front reservoir :)
and a new ""26mm"" carby
and my new pipe

i have front and rear brakes hooked up to the front reservoir :)

sorry ducar but that has to be the dumbest mod I have ever heard of anyone doing. I presume you mean you have it setup with front and rear brakes working off the front master cylinder ? meaning you can't vary the pressure from front to rear ? sorry but that sounds like a step in the wrong direction to me

what have i got to loose??
i never had rear brakes to start off with
plus its only practice not racing
its all about seeing what does and doesnt work

Will have to see but hoping to be there, was great to be back on the tard despite the heat last Saturday :D

what have i got to loose??
i never had rear brakes to start off with
plus its only practice not racing
its all about seeing what does and doesn’t work

I agree you have nothing too loose - ALTHO

Problems I foresee
1. Bias - front to back need some sort of bias valve limiting the rear breaks to 20 or so percent. Look at race cars.
2. Loss of clamping force. I'd say you'd need a bigger master cylinder. Current setup half of your fluid is going to rears there for your fronts will only at 50% so in theory brakes will be worse not better.
3. Some people use their rear brakes only while corning to stabilize their bike. I know when I went thru Qride this was how we were told to do it. Using both evenly will cause you to loose stability not gain it thus slowing you down again.

All problems come back to point one - Bias get that sorted and your onto something I think. R&D can never be bad thing.

I agree you have nothing too loose - ALTHO

Problems I foresee
1. Bias - front to back need some sort of bias valve limiting the rear breaks to 20 or so percent. Look at race cars.
2. Loss of clamping force. I'd say you'd need a bigger master cylinder. Current setup half of your fluid is going to rears there for your fronts will only at 50% so in theory brakes will be worse not better.
3. Some people use their rear brakes only while corning to stabilize their bike. I know when I went thru Qride this was how we were told to do it. Using both evenly will cause you to loose stability not gain it thus slowing you down again.

All problems come back to point one - Bias get that sorted and your onto something I think. R&D can never be bad thing.
now hows the sort of advice i was looking for
i am currently looking around for a bias valve or sumthing of the sort
would drilling the hole in the bolt bigger for front and smaller for rear work o0n the same princaple

not sure how the diferent size holes would work but you could try a HQ holden proportion valve in the rear brake line that will reduce the fluid presure to the rear brakes. try the wrecker in free st for one. if one isnt enough reduction you can use them in series for more reduction efect

saber

hmmm mite have to go for a ride up at there at lunch time tomoro

Latest posts

Back