Motard riding

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big red

Reaction score
I have been riding motard for a couple of weeks and my bike constantly feels like it is not revving right. It almost feels like it is in the wrong gear constantly.
Does anyone know why my bike feels like that?
Can anyone suggest some mods for motard racing?
(The track is short and 99% road)

The bike constantly feels like i am in a gear too high.

maybe you should look at a smaller sprocket on the rear wheel... stop you reving out soo quick. plus a greater top speed, but mite slow you down out of corners or from a stand still...

When i ride it feels like i should have been in second but i was in third.
I tried to see if that was the problem but it wasn't. No matter when I shift it still feels the same.
Thats the way it feels all the way through the gears. It feels like it is lacking power.

what brand motor is it? i had a ducar motor with a 16 tooth front sprocket and 37 rear and it was gut less. i went down to a 14 on the front and it made it better but in turn it didnt like to rev hard and fueled up.

the lifan engines seem to rev harder.

hope that helps

Would definately reccomend a different sprocket set-up.

I feel a little qualified to comment here. In motard you're corner speed is sooo much higher than on dirt, you tend to use only 3rd and 4th gear. There are very few tracks I ride or race on that I ever use 2nd gear on, apart from the start of a race.

I'd look at your jetting to make sure it pulls cleanly. It's revving out properly in 4th gear so it's geared properly.

99% road? where do you do proper motard riding on dirt AND road?

I ride up at a local pocket bike track. The track is short. The strait is around 100m with a 30m sweeper leading into that strait. There is dirt section but it is only a tiny jump followed by a tiny berm then a tiny jump. So the whole dirt section is 20-30m.Thats why i say 99% road.
I checled my plug last night. There is the smallest hint that it is running lean. So I raised the needle. The needle is now at the very richest it will go, so if this doesn't do it it is time to rejet.
Where would I go to get new jets?

ge a 1mm drill bit and drill it out to 1mm....thats what i done and now my bike guns...i can do wheelies in third...i never used to be able to

I have been riding motard for a couple of weeks and my bike constantly feels like it is not revving right. It almost feels like it is in the wrong gear constantly.
Does anyone know why my bike feels like that?
Can anyone suggest some mods for motard racing?
(The track is short and 99% road)

change the gearing

The change in the needle height helped. Where can I get some jets for my carby.

Latest posts

Back