Motard Tyres

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxerdims

Reaction score
Hey guys, espec those in WA, what tyres are you running and where from? The stock CST's...well I'm guessing they stand for Chinese Sh*t Tyre?

not a motard guy myself but ive read a few posts about it and it seems that sava tyres are the go from what ive read. lookup sava mc31 and see where you can get them near you.

I've ridden on PMT's, Dunlops tt92's, TT93's, Sava MC31's and CST's.

PMT: Most outright grip, not long wearing (1/2 season)
Dunlops: 95% of PMT grip, last a whole season
Sava: Same grip as Dunlop, only last 2/3-3/4 of a season
CST: 90% grip of PMT, only last 2-3 race days!!

From what I've heard and seen, the Bridgestone bt601ss are on par with the Dunlops.

Because I'm building a wet bike for next year I'm torn between PMT full slick and Dunlops or Bridgestones, I don't like changing tyres that often!!! :D

Yeah sweet thanks Ringo...Two of my mates just got the PMT's and I just put a set of Dunlop TT93's on order, hopefully get them before Christmas.

Btw, whats with CST's having 90% of grip of PMT's?? THe CST's are rubbish the ones that come on the bike, can't lean over much at all! We talking about the same tyres here???

Lastly, what pressures you running?

Last edited:
I run 20 psi, mate CST's are good, just wear out too fast!! Some of the guys in the club rate them as an awesome wet tyre even without grooves!! I can attest as I've dragged the knee on CST's on a damp track!!!

oh what...thats weird as...in the dry with the CST's I can get knee down....then hip, elbow and shoulder before standing back up and picking the bike up haha

I didn't think the CSTs were too bad and did well in the rain but found they cook easily when it's hot and then they're sketchy as.

Switched to Savas after that and found them to be a lot better until it got wet. Bike was pinched before they wore out :/

New ride came with some PMT blackfires and I haven't been hugely impressed but then I've been struggling with suspension setup and I think they're a bit old.

Going to give some Bridgestones a go next :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back