Motocross/supercross tracks around Melbourne

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutters

Reaction score
Guys,

I am looking at buying a bike but before I do I need to know where i can ride these little babies. I'd hate to get one and be pissing my neighbors off cos I can't ride anywhere else!

So, I really would like to get to motocross or supercross tracks and even try my hand at racing. I've always ridden the bigger bikes, but switching to the pit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in where I may be able to ride tracks or start racing around melbourne?

Cheers

re

just read your question bout the pit where u can ride them did u find out i have just bought one also was interested in racing or just riding i found a place called buzz bikes you can google them and then sign up there and they will let yo uno when there is fast 50 days at a track or you can find out about the racing from them too just download a form from themmm. but im joining up at the local track kilsyth so then to get a M.A license and because it local for me to ride..

G'day Bennyp,

Yeah there's a small handfull of places to ride.

If you keep on the Vic riding spots that I_Thump recommends, and also the Minibikes riders association thread that has been started recently in conjunction with Buzz bikes. I think Greg (buzz bikes) is keen to get some road trips happening for races etc.

These are the places I know of...

Broadmeadows
Baccus Marsh (membership needed, and I think they are closed for 09)
Frankston
Sth Morang
amd Kilsyth from what I have read from your post!

It's a pretty small community at the moment, but I think it will be growing in the next few years, so hopefully more places to ride and race.

Here's the minibike riders association/club thread...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/riding-spots-events/23093-victorian-mini-bike-riders-club.html

Kilsyth has one of the best tracks around, it is a track maintained in perfect condition. In fact it has just been upgraded again and resurfaced for the second time in a year. It helps that the club owns a tractor and the necessary equipment.
However it is not a competitive club, so there is no racing program. It is members only and you must join to ride and agree to the rules.Membership is $180.00 upfront but you get $100.00 once you do two days of track duty and one working bee. It cost's $5 to ride for the day!
They have a strict rules as to the condition of the bike (ie) no loose chains, worn tyres exposed metal parts, loose spokes and all levers must be operation. This is all checked before riding. (which is a good thing)
Family focused and friendly club however due to it being very close to a residential area they are forced by the council to meet noise level requirements. If you have a noisy bike it will need to be silenced to meet with the council rules and keep the neighbors happy. Also there is a capacity restriction of 150cc and limited to Fun style bikes (ie) Honda CRF "F", Yamaha "TTR" "Peewe" for example. Pitbikes are welcome.
No Motorcross bikes (ie) YZ 85 RM85 etc.

If you want to race then I would suggest Knox Districts located next to
Bunnings in Vermont south. Competitive track with a pitbike racing class. Once again members only.
Both of these clubs are NON MA affiliated meaning that you dont need a MA license.

Hope this information helps.

eyyy

ta mate hopefully se eyou one iof the race daiiis :)

aw sicknesss yeh ta mate ill ave ta go check it out ey

Latest posts

Back