motorbike wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark6453

Reaction score
hey guys i got my bike back from getting the brakes fixed but now it wont start i had it running for a little bit and then it ran slow then stoped i changed my spark plug thinking it was that but it still wont start any ideas please help me!! cheers, Mark

take bak to who fixed the brakes and ask them wtf they done. motorbike..lmao!

rev it slowly till you warm it up or try it with the choke on for a bit

I had the same prob with mine 2day, just a kink in the fuel line, check that before u load the bike up and take it back...

Like trashthumpy said its a process of elimination, there will only be one thing wrong. His order is the one to follow.

hey i tried everything i can think of i cleaned out the carby changed the spark plug i took the fuel tank off to see if it was the tap or a kink but nothing seems to be working i am also using premium fuel and its always clean but the fuse for the eletric start i cant tell if its blown or not. Would the fuse make a difference for the bike starting?

Last edited:
do you mean turning over as in starting coz its only started once since i got it back

Ya need to work out if it is fuel or electrical (the 2 main problems). Pull out the spark plug & shove it back into the plug holder bit, place it so the metal part of the plug is touching (grounding) on the engine. Kick the engine over - the sparkplug should get a number of sparks. If it is not sparking then the problem is electrical. If it is sparking then you need to look at some sort of fuel problem.

yeah, you will only have one problem so it is a waste of time moving between fuel and spark and you only increase the chances of stuffing something else up and having 2 problems to fix.

do what meko said and check to see if you have spark or not then post again and we will tell you what to do next.

thnx i tried the spark thing then put the plug back in and kicked it and it started first try yay going riding now l8er ppl cheers, Mark

Latest posts

Back