motovert 140cc or lifan 125cc or honda w/88cc??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic19

Reaction score
hey guys i have a crf50 and wanna get plenty more power from it. was thinking one of the 3 options. was told not to go lifan 140cc cos of kickstart gears. so looking at motovert 140cc for plenty of power, 125cc lifan for good power or some sort of 88cc it for the honda. what are most people runnin and what will the power difference be between the 3 options??
Cheers
Nic

Im runnin a china engine in a honda.. who gives a stuff bout the value? Its the fun of the ride that matters. When it comes to selling time just slot the Honda motor back in

Im runnin a china engine in a honda.. who gives a stuff bout the value? Its the fun of the ride that matters. When it comes to selling time just slot the Honda motor back in

Makes sense to me, $300 dollar engine with some mods. Flog it till it dies and have a perfect honda engine to put in when you sell it.

How much coin do have to spend?

Makes sense to me, $300 dollar engine with some mods. Flog it till it dies and have a perfect honda engine to put in when you sell it.

Why not pay $500 for an engine that won't die?

cause it still wont have the same power with the 500 spent on it as a 300 doller lifan engine

Why not pay $500 for an engine that won't die?

If you are not a confident mechanic it would be better to "learn the ropes" on a el cheapo.

If I remember correctly you played around with el cheapos for a while yourself (and even killed one) before you got so cocky.

The new lifan 140's with the strengthened kickstart gears don't have the same problems as the old ones.

the old lifan 140s the '55" model , dont even have problem ,
the problem is the retard kicking it too hard.

dont have too much to spend prob round the 400-500 closest to 0 as possible ;)

hey guys im thinking bout a lifan 125cc cos of the price. just seeing where is the cheapest to get one tho. also what carby should i use?
im in Melb btw
cheers

DHZ can sell you a complete engine with carby CDI etc. The extra coin for a 140 is money well spent. I ride a 125 and my mate has a 140 and his kills mine. however if you are buying a carby probably get the 26mm OKO for a 140 or a 24mm for a 125.

dont have too much to spend prob round the 400-500 closest to 0 as possible ;)

Mate Maylands have got the lifan 140cc 1P55fmj motors for $345 or the better 1P56fmj motors for $399 and I'm sure you could get it shipped and still be under budget.Don't bother with the 125 for the extra coin you'll be much happier with the 140.and keep the honda for if you ever sell the bike.

personally i went the motovert over the honda as i didnt have much disposable income. My bike cost me $600 off a mate its a motovert 2006 pro and i put it against my cousins crf50 with $10,000 + spent on it and the only difference is the brand name parts and that its a honda theres really not a 10k difference in the bike as far as performance. And with the verts they come with nice suspension and forks so you can jump them with ease and without running the risk of breaking it....... if your mechanically minded you will have no problem with a motovert but if u have no idea about basic mechanics and the upkeep of a motorcycle you will have a gunka of a bike....

So a motovert is better value unless ur gonna spend alot on a crf .

Sidney you have no idea about anything wanka he wanted a performance bike , without spending too much cash .

oi ppl i need help with my lifan i got a new stator for it but u cant get the copper cover off. i have tried a puller and it wouldnt come off... any ideas. cheers

Latest posts

Back