motovert 2007 expert

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shepherd

Reaction score
hey guy i just picked up a motovert 2007 expert ( rather cheap i think) but i was wondering what model of marzocchi forks these are as i need a new brake set up for it and im having troubles finding just the master cylinder ( what i need) so i was just going to buy a whole set up but think it would be easy to find them in i new the forks model so i could get the same as stock brakes. ill post a pick of the bike cheers

Attachments

• motovert.jpg
    motovert.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 24
also what do you thinks its worth? price wise

Decent bike mate, depending on part condition probably worth up around 650. As for the front brakes, could possibly be easier to just buy an entire brake setup. Just measure the front forks brake mount bracket hole to hole and then just get a brake setup to suit.

new problem.. oil in the exhuast? what makes it do that? need a fix asap

been told its becuase my oil is to thin. anyone else had this problem?

oil in the exhaust usually means its ready for a piston and rings and maybe a new barrell depending on condition, has it had a recent top end rebuild?, if it has then the oil is from before it had a rebuild, like cordogs said is it blowing smoke when running? The bike itself looks good mate, the frame looks the goods.

my dad reckons the oil im using it to thin as it wasn't doing before before the change. as for oil on the bash plate its coming from a small leak in the gearbox gasket..... some oil additive and she should be sweet.
if it was rings wouldn't she be losing power? and its not massive amount of smoke just a little bit.
thinking of doing new rings anyway

its a good liking bit and even with these problems smashed my mates pitpro 125 so it iwll be a rebuild before new engine

my dad reckons the oil im using it to thin as it wasn't doing before before the change. as for oil on the bash plate its coming from a small leak in the gearbox gasket..... some oil additive and she should be sweet.
if it was rings wouldn't she be losing power? and its not massive amount of smoke just a little bit.
thinking of doing new rings anyway

If its blowing oil and still has good compression you probably wont notice any loss in power as the oil rings are letting oil thru but the compression rings are still quite good so the engine still has good compression, any amount of smoke(oil) getting past the rings cant be good, but for now just check the oil before riding and replace what has been lost thru the exhaust, what was the type of oil and the viscosity rating(ie.20w-50)?

I think rotn50 on to it mate, if you havnt got the coin for a rebuild i'd suggest putting putting some Lucas heavy duty oil stablizer in her mate, it'll thicken up your oil and wont hurt your engine, its not cheap at $20 for a litre bottle but its great stuff you can use it in your car n even your mower!! just a thought!

for now as you said im just going to get the oil before i ride and top it up when it needs it until i notice serious amount. i have been using 10w-40. im going to by some 20w-50 and before next ride i have some stuff you use ( mainly for cars but if u use the right amount and no the hole bottle will work on a pit-bike) that after say a week or more of riding (longer then i want but hey better then replacing the engine) will seal the leak as its a tiny leak like slow drip. been told i may have to much oil thats why its coming out the exhaust but im unsure about that. cheers for the help everyone will keep everything i try posted

10w-40 should be okay as long as it is mineral oil only an no synthetics, your engine should take 800ml and with a cooler bout 900ml

i think i had about a liter in it... and yeah its the oil on the dhz website.

Latest posts

Back