Motovert 250 verdict

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
So I am slowly saving my penny's for a road registered dirt bike, I am mostly looking at the jap bikes as I want something reliable for the roads but I came across this motovert 250 RX. I have heard that motovert make really good mini's but haven't seen any reviews or opinions as to what there like. I looks decent and is ready for the road, but for $3500 a second hand jap bike might be the go. I was just wondering if anybody has one or has ridden one and could tell me how they are?
250rx.jpg

http://www.motorbikecity.com.au/complete-bikes/motovert-250-rx-486/
Have seem them for a little less before though.

Also some specs on it would be great as it is hard to find any info on this bike, I know it has spx race forks (which i have never heard of before so don't know what there like) and a dnm rear shock with a linkage setup. But don't know what engine or number of valve etc?

Go with an older Xr250, if you want a reliable bike for the roads, re-sale will be alot better too.

The rx does look the goods, but you will prob want to upgrade in a short time.

i wouldnt buy a bike brand new or second hand with out looking at it first, especially for the road. best best is to go to a dealership that sells them and have a look

They have a shineray gen 2 engine. Ive seen these bikes in the dealer, the frames look alright but i think the engine would be the first to die.

You're starting to get into the range of a DRZ400 at that price... And it will sell for what you pay for it, the Motovert will sell for half of what you pay for it ;)

Latest posts

Back