Motovert expert 125 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitexr

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm pretty new to the mini bike thing yet I've had mine for about 2 years haha

So here's my 2007 Motovert expert 125 it's stock ATM apart from the monster energy sticker kit on new crf50 style plastics.
This is how it looked when I got it (second hand)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350804547.662727.jpg
This is about how it looks now.. I haven't got any real resent pics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350804654.301555.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350804690.882911.jpg

I've been thinking about upgrading the little 125. Have been looking at a tb 146 big bore kit, lifan big valve head with tb race cam, and oko 26mm flat side carby. What are people's thoughts on this? Is it worth the extra $100 for the port job?
I will also be ordering a set of stiffer fork springs for the marzocchi forks :)

believe me the stock ports on the lifan 150's are pretty restrictive.. i think its worth it and also you have to make sure you can get a piston with the correct clearances for the valves..

i think just a bigger engine and then build onto that :) and if you increase power your more than likely going to need a better clutch

Thank guys. It does have a rattle/ knocking noise at idle and just off. I've checked the cam chain and tensioner but I think it might be piston slap or maybe the big end so im gonna pull it down and see. Depending on what it is I might upgrade to a 140. Seeing I just forked out for a lifan 150 for my postie ;)

have the same bike man. got it last week, best bike iv owned. hope your build goes good

Latest posts

Back