Motovert Pro vs Pitster x4r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from the USA. Before I get bashed know that I have done research on both of these bikes but I have not found the answers to my particular questions.

I am likely going to be buying a Motovert Pro but the models that have been giving you problems seem very different than the ones I am looking at buying. Here is a link to to the Motovert I might buy:MotoVert

It has a dual piston caliper front brake, elka rear shock (9 inches of travel), marzocchi shiver (8 inches of travel), Pro Taper Bars, CNC'd hubs, and mine will come with the GPX yx150 motor. Does anyone have THIS model? Alot of you are having problems with their motovert pro but it is completely different looking than the one I might buy.My other option is a Pitster x4R but I don't think many Aussies own the x4R. I want to make sure I don't get a lemon.

Last edited:
both are great bikes. some people on here have come across a dud vert. but that still wouldnt turn me off buying one, because in the end most of these bikes are chinese and arnt as consistant as japanese bikes. but if i were in your boots i would go for the pister pro x4r. i love them. the new vert is simular but alot more people in the states seem to be ridding the x4r

both are great bikes. some people on here have come across a dud vert. but that still wouldnt turn me off buying one, because in the end most of these bikes are chinese and arnt as consistant as japanese bikes. but if i were in your boots i would go for the pister pro x4r. i love them. the new vert is simular but alot more people in the states seem to be ridding the x4r

The reason people in the US race the X4r is because there are no dealers for the vert pro. A few people got ahold of the 2007 vert pro but NO ONE has the 08. For me, the 08 vert pro is cheaper by about $1200 than an equivalent x4r with elka and marzocchi forks and the vert pro still has the advantage with a better mounted oil cooler and stronger 2 piston front brake. And like I said b4 my vert pro will have the same gpx yx150 motor that comes in the 08 Pitster x4r. Has anyone compared the 2008 vert pro with the 2008 pitster x4r? Are the frames EXACTLY the SAME? My biggest concern is jumping the bike 20 meters and having the thing snap in half. I am recovering from being on crutches/wheelchair fpr over 1 year after a horrific crash in which I shattered my femur, tore my acl, and tore my quad muscle. After 4 surgeries and 1 year I still have one more surgery and 3 months till I am recovered. If anyone that races at the pro level or just has huge cajones and does huge jumps on the 08 vert pro I would love to hear what you have to say.

All that and your coming back for more? I think someone is trying to tell ya somthing.

I first started riding quads when I was 18 and 1/2 and 2 weeks into riding I compounded my tib/fib and almost bled out. After 2 surgeries and 5 months off the quad I went back to riding (sooner than my doctor recommended). I started racing after only 4 months of riding experience and started off at the A level. Last year I raced all seson except for 1.5 months because of a broken wrist. At the end of the year I started riding motorcycles and after only 2 weeks experience I signed up for Production A 450. I am now 21 and 1/2 and unfortunately have spent more time off the bike repairing broken parts or broken bones that riding. I have had 3 racing concussions, broken wrist, torn quad muscle, damaged acl, broken nose 4x, 6 surgeries, 3 metal rods, 168 staples, over 100 stitches, 12 tiutanium screws, and lots of scrapes and soreness. After this injury (caused by another racer) I am going to start practicing ALOT more so I can match my skills with my speed and balls and I will race ALOT smarter too, but I will never give up on this sport. Racing saved me from a very destructive path. It gave me focus, determination, and self discipline. I pay for all my racing so I have to work 2 jobs and then race on the weekends so I don't have time to do the illegal stupid ish I use to do. Pitbike riding is something I have never done but I know once I buy one I'll be hooked so I want to start off with a very strong platform.

If anyone knows if the frame and swingarm are the EXACT SAME as the pitster x4r this will be of tremendous help.

i see where you coming from mate. by the sounds of things if you can get your hands on a mtovert dealer i think that would be the way to go..

nice bike id go with pitster..woah seems u've had some pretty bad crashes man :( sorry to hear that.

Latest posts

Back