Motovert Problem??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having a problem with an 08 motovert expert. Have changed the inner rotor kit in it and now when it rev's out in each gear it drops right off and looses power. This happens in all gears. It's like when it hits the limiter it just backs right off and the revs drop. Someone told me the CDI could be stuffed (although it's brand new). Any idea on what the problem could be?

I wouldnt have a clue... someone will try making sure everything is plugged in ect ect is it getting good spark?

Yeah spark is perfect mate. Motor runs completly fine, except when you get in the really high rev range.

maybe try another cdi yours maybe faulty, not real sure just an opinion

I was thinking that but it's pretty expensive to just 'try another'.

When the bike is revving really hard, it's like the CDI can't spark quick enough for the motor.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

there have been cases of faulty cdi brand new

i take it it's one of those blue ebay jobs even the ones that come with the irk can be crap

there crap anyway

so are the irk's there a waste

it cant be anything else as thats all you've changed yeah

there have been cases of faulty cdi brand new

i take it it's one of those blue ebay jobs even the ones that come with the irk can be crap

there crap anyway

so are the irk's there a waste

it cant be anything else as thats all you've changed yeah

All I did was change the inner rotor kit and put the new CDI and wiring loom in. This CDI that's in it is supposed to be one of the best you can buy. Guess I will try another one unless there could be another reason?? It wouldn't be anything to do with jetting?? I'm thinking not as the bike runs fine except in the higher rev range.

na if it was jetting it would lean out splutter and stall at high revs but you should be able to tune your air fuel mixture to check that

so are you useing your existing cdi or a high rev one

as the existing cdi has a limit from memory and because you have put on the irk you will be getting higher than standard rpm

and whoeva told you that your cdi is the best you can buy is full of it
if it was the best you could buy you would have full digital crank censors and a posh digital cdi so about $800 just for that

but that will make your jailing 140 smoke the doors off most bikes out there

replace ya cdi i reckon

try and find a cdi off an 08 pro they are programmable and are a really good cdi unit

na if it was jetting it would lean out splutter and stall at high revs but you should be able to tune your air fuel mixture to check that

so are you useing your existing cdi or a high rev one

as the existing cdi has a limit from memory and because you have put on the irk you will be getting higher than standard rpm

and whoeva told you that your cdi is the best you can buy is full of it
if it was the best you could buy you would have full digital crank censors and a posh digital cdi so about $800 just for that

but that will make your jailing 140 smoke the doors off most bikes out there

replace ya cdi i reckon

I'm using a high rev one. Had to replace the wiring loom as well because of the different connectors.

Guess it's not 'the best' then. lol.

Got a new one yesterday so will put it on tonight and see if it works. I'm really hoping it's just faulty or I'm out of ideas!! Thanks for your help.

i think it will b the cdi man i had the same problem with my cuzes bike it was cutting out in top revs we tryed everything and left the cdi last we put a new one in last nite and ther u go it runs perfect

How do you program them??

there are 4 wires 2 green 1 yellow and 1 white

By pluging and unpluging the wires u will change the map the motor is running on

Map 1- none of the 4 wires are pluged in (stock)
Map 2- yellow & green pluged in
Map 3- white & green pluged in
Map 4- all wires pluged in (yellow & green + white & green)

map one is mildest and increase as u go up maps

corey gave me this info

Thanks very much for the info. They are different motors though by the looks of it (pro has a japanese motor in it) hence the better CDI.

Does the expert have a YX or Jailing engine?? I have been told it's a YX motor.

ya my motor is a daytona maybe try searchin around and seing if the plugs are compatible.........im not sure what motors come out in the experts but i would say it would be jailing

Latest posts

Back