Motovert rx50 engine swap help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de-longhi

Reaction score
hi every one.. im new to all this (my first post)

I just bought a Motovert rx50 yesterday!! but as some of you my know it is dangerously slow on the roads...
i have an old 125 lifan engine i want to put in it.

how easy is the swap over? any issues?
is there anything i need to know about the wiring, to get the thing running with no problems along the way?
(not worried about electric start)

a walk through would be great :D

any help would be appreciated. And if this topic has been touched on b4, a point in the right direction would be helpful

thanks for your input

engine swaps are very quick & easy if you have some knowledge, but can become long & painful if you dont know what your doing...

but yes the engine will swap straight over

Hey mate it is a fairly easy task there is a few threads on here related to this search through the forums and use the search function and Google man

You're all all forgetting its a MOTOVERT RX... it's not so simple when there is laws and a bucket load more electrics like head light, speedo... etc

You're all all forgetting its a MOTOVERT RX... it's not so simple when there is laws and a bucket load more electrics like head light, speedo... etc

yer rach cops wont know much about china bikes and seeing as a e.g a 125cc is practically the same physical size as a 50cc there not really goig to pick it up and if you were that worried you could grind the 125cc or whatever off the bore

as hillz said yer its gonna slip straight in if you have some knowledge

yer rach cops wont know much about china bikes and seeing as a e.g a 125cc is practically the same physical size as a 50cc there not really goig to pick it up and if you were that worried you could grind the 125cc or whatever off the bore

as hillz said yer its gonna slip straight in if you have some knowledge

yeah i know it will slip in, but shouldn't we pushing to do the right thing on here as certified members peanut or at least advising it as an option?

But still wiring and electric start aren't that straight forward.

thanks every one of the input... i will be tackling the swap this weekend with a mechanic mate of mine so hopefully wont be too many issues..

might have to take the bike to an auto elec. anyway coz the indicators are playing up.. ie put on the indecators and everything starts flashing, including dash, headlights ect..

does anyone have any advice on this issue

once again thanks for your input, all appreciated

yeah i know it will slip in, but shouldn't we pushing to do the right thing on here as certified members peanut or at least advising it as an option?

But still wiring and electric start aren't that straight forward.

hmmm that is a hard one rach i suppose we SHOULD

ok well if you get pulled over with a bigger engine and for some reason get caught dont tell the cops someone on miniriders told you as i dont advise you change your motor as its illegal..... but your gonna do it anyway

Should be pretty easy, most likely the cdi plugs will be the same so you'll just need to wire 2 wires from the new engine (usually yellow and white or two yellows) to the loom for the reg/rec for charging the battery and electrics. As for the flashing instruments check your battery, probably stuffed(they're crappy ones supplied) . If your mates a mechanic shouldn't prove to be too hard. I have a 125 in a z50 and it was easy but I made a loom from scratch

You can swap the stator plate and rotor kit from the 50 to the 125 and that should solve the potential wiring mess, if you don't want, you don't even have to unplug it all as long as you remove the stator before you remove the engine.

But like rach said, you may want to look at the applicable laws and make sure you upgrade the rego papers to show the new engine number and capacity as if its wrong there will be no insurance if you end up in a crash.

If the 50cc is leccy start then it would be alot of work to put the stator onto the 125, and you need both types of flywheel pullers too

edit....Unless the 125 is leccy start too

Latest posts

Back