motrvert motard wheel spacing help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Possum

Reaction score
hi all, i have a motovert pro 07 that i want to motard but i got it in pices and i dont have the right wheel spaces
i was told the rear brake calliper bracket goes hard up next to the swingarm but it doesnt sit flat looks as if it needs a 4mm spacer
as for wheel offset if someone has one that they could measure that would be sweet, or if some one could give me the distance from the inner swingarm to the outside of sprocket? and the inner swingarm to outside of rear disc?
i have a set of wheels from dhz but the china hubs are different the distance between the rear disc and sprocket is 10mm shorter on the motovert rear hub
should i use the alloy hubs in the motard rims? or alter the rear brake setup? :confused:
has anyone set one of these up any help would be great thanks!:)

Use the hubs and rims as Standard on the motard rims.
IF someone was to give you measurements, I would only use them as a guide.
Best thing to do would be to put the axle and rear brake in without any spacers so it can slide around, get the wheel and hub centred and all align and then measure the distance and cut your own spacer.
I have an 08 pro and with the alloy hubs and rubber sealed bearings my spacers are around 30mm on the long side.

i just got to the local bolt shop grab 30 washers that have 15mm hole (1mm thick & 2mm thinkc if they have them) and start playing. No real trick to it, it just takes time. As you do it more often it does get easier but never get any more fun..

i just got to the local bolt shop grab 30 washers that have 15mm hole (1mm thick & 2mm thinkc if they have them) and start playing. No real trick to it, it just takes time. As you do it more often it does get easier but never get any more fun..

+1

Best way..

thanks for the help i will get some washers tommoro, does anyone know a good shop or mate to get the wheels respoked? i got quotes from the bike shops started at $70 each up to $140 each and that was with me supplying the spokes

a bmx shop will do them if you supply spokes Bike riders did my front one for $15 dropped it off in he morning picked up afternoon

ok so got the spacers worked out but i have the rear rim 2.5 with the moto vert hub spokes are in all sweet,
but the front 2.15 with the moto vert hub one side of the spokes is in but when you flip it over to do the other side the holes in the rim are facing the wrong way so the spoke nuts dont seat right wtf?
im over these wheels how much are cast ones like no-crf50-here?

Here are some nice cast ones i want them pretty damn bad. but got more things i can spend money on.

http://www.mobsterpitbike.com/prodotti.asp?IDcat=35&LANG=ITA

thumb_760.jpg

f**k yea these would look sweet! is anyone thinking of getting some?

lucky buggers! i seam to have no end of trouble with these wheels im trying to setup
what did you do with your old wheels no-crf50-here? and what size are they?

how much would you want for them? i mite need to start again or see if yours have a different spoke pattern cause im stuck!

ok mite have found the problem the rear hub had a 12'' rim x 1.85 to start with it fitted the 12''x 2.5 no problem the front hub started with 14'' rim and the off set on the spokes from one side to the other is not as much as the rear hub this is why the spokes dont line up on the 12'' rim f**k it!
has anyone played with this before?

Latest posts

Back