MR5o info needed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardaFasta

Reaction score
I did some work on a neighbours V8 Rover EFI system and for payment he gave me a tin tank Honda Elsinore MR50:D .Just this morning as a matter of fact.It is in good nick,fairly fresh engine,powder coated frame etc. just needs a coat of paint on the undented tank.I know a little about this model bike having larger 2 strokes myself,but would like some imput as to any good tips,mods or aftermarket go-bits.It has a stock box pipe and would like an expansion chamber and stinger for starters.A good reed valve setup and carb would also be great,can anyone advise.What is the stock ignition like? Can it handle the higher revs?I also heard from a guy that there is another gear that can be utilised in the box or something to that effect,Is this so or is he full of crap? This is now a vintage MX machine (1976-78) and I would like to have the changes reversable if needed to retain it`s value,it`s for my kids.How much is a concourse example of one of these worth today?

it' a real old bike the MR50 you would be luck to find any fancy ext. parts if it has all the OEM parts on it just leave 'em and go big bore or something engine parts are still read-a-ly available IE:STD -2mm pistons & rods

hahah i used to have a MR dad bought it in a 44 gallon drum in peices,got any pics of it,the main thing with this bike was clean the points as often as possible,makes the world of difference,mine cost me 350 in bits and sold it for 890 to a vintage bike collecter,bike should handle whatever you give it,i thrashed the crap!!! through mine and never broke down,i did small jumps on it,nuthing big took em no dramas.

Last edited:
Update.

Well the bike made it home.I pulled her down and inspected.Original bore,no scores or blemishes.So I put it back together with a few mods.Exhaust ports resized and reshaped and polished.Inlets done to match flow.New plug and mixture was richened.Unifilter pod NU4017.Tank was undented and straight,just a respray and she`s apples.High energy ignition coil from a 9.9 horse outboard.The exhaust is in the pipeline,using a MOTA programme to make a 3 stage tuned power pipe.All I need now are a couple of risers,set of hangers,front rubber and some ridgey didge tank decals

Latest posts

Back